1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
869 Posts
I want to go, but I'll be in Bowling Green, KY for the TBSS Nationals. Hopefully, next year they won't conflict.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
My wife and I will be there. I wonder if I'll be the only V3 in the corral.

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My wife and I will be there. I wonder if I'll be the only V3 in the corral.

I am going on Saturday and Sunday. Not sure if my wife will make it but look for the giant rectum and that's me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Am I the only one...?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Is there just a general admission at the gate on saturday or sunday? Can anyone bring their V into the corral and be a spectator?

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Front row. Another black wagon with the WeaponX hood is here.

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So Johnny O. Is remarkably friendly (and NOT retired), but showed no love for the wagon. Kept droning on about the ATS V.... :D

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
That "corral" is disappointing. I remember rows and rows of Vs the last time I went, and no non-V cars. At least you still have the prime spectating area and free food! How's the racing?

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That "corral" is disappointing. I remember rows and rows of Vs the last time I went, and no non-V cars. At least you still have the prime spectating area and free food! How's the racing?
The corral is spread out - I'd say 30+ cars but perhaps the demographics have changed with the V3. Almost all the corral cars are V2 generation.

Racing is good - it's always a fun event. I just wasn't able to make the track run yesterday.

Great weather also - 70s with a nice breeze and cloudy so your not baking.

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Photos from the day!

And here's a photo of a guy taking a photo of my Wagon.

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
More

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
O'Connell is my new hero - this guy was an absolute riot and really knows how to schmooze the crowds.

And I started taking photos of the guys taking photos of my Wagon (again) - but got tired. Props to this guy's girl for being so patient while he got multiple angles.

It was wild how many people in the crowds were aware of the Wagon. Even the Cadillac presentation girl threw out "Unicorn" when our talk of the new CTS/ATS turned into talking about the V2.

All in all it was a great weekend, the weather held out and the meet and greet with Johnny O was amazing. Hes a wonderful ambassador for the brand (Thanks, Corvette guys!) The racing was fantastic as well and quite a few guys from GM were there as well.

I hope they do this again next year - until then I am going to see about scheming my way to V Labs at COTA!

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
O'Connell is my new hero - this guy was an absolute riot and really knows how to schmooze the crowds.

And I started taking photos of the guys taking photos of my Wagon (again) - but got tired. Props to this guy's girl for being so patient while he got multiple angles.

It was wild how many people in the crowds were aware of the Wagon. Even the Cadillac presentation girl threw out "Unicorn" when our talk of the new CTS/ATS turned into talking about the V2.

All in all it was a great weekend, the weather held out and the meet and greet with Johnny O was amazing. Hes a wonderful ambassador for the brand (Thanks, Corvette guys!) The racing was fantastic as well and quite a few guys from GM were there as well.

I hope they do this again next year - until then I am going to see about scheming my way to V Labs at COTA!

You and me both.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Random84, are you going to the race in Detroit next month? The parade lap at Mid-Ohio sucked on Friday, some older guy in a V-Sport wouldn't go over 40. Kevin the engineer and pace car driver was passed. They say the parade laps at Belle Isle will be better.

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No - not going. Glad I didn't make a special trip for the parade lmao

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Random84, are you going to the race in Detroit next month? The parade lap at Mid-Ohio sucked on Friday, some older guy in a V-Sport wouldn't go over 40. Kevin the engineer and pace car driver was passed. They say the parade laps at Belle Isle will be better.

Had the same problem the first time I did the parade lap at Mid Ohio. Leader wanted to run, but had to keep the group together and the 2nd V in line wouldn't do more than about 25 :mad:

Last time I was there, it went much better!

I did the extremely wet lap at Belle Isle a couple years ago and even with all the puddles out there we were moving pretty good! The Corral was a mudpit!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts