Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone run a windows based tablet mounted on their dash near the steering wheel so that the VCM gauges are within normal sight line when driving (vs. a laptop in my passenger seat)? Not interested in needing it for anything other than being a display for HPT, just trying to get it setup so that my eyes aren't leaving the road and so I don't have to install a 3-gauge pillar pod (already have one in the clock)

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
I did that but had it mounted to the right of the radio knobs. I used an 8 inch tablet.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
My setup is shown in post 26 of the link Mike posted.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Mike! I searched a bit but didn't find that one

·
Super Moderator
21,714 Posts
I wanted to get a MS Surface for this with Bluetooth keyboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I would check out a "gaming handheld" system, like from GPD Win3 or Aya Neo or Lenovo LaVie or similar. These are all small devices, typically 6 or 7" screens. Would be a much better "fit" to the dashboard than a "real" laptop convertible (detachable keyboard or one that folks back 180º)...

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
So even if I had a tablet to use...wouldn't it not display the data unless you are in the record mode? Or are tablets different than laptops for that?

I would love HPT to be displaying data without being in record mode on my laptop.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
My tablet works great. I've been using it for a couple years. Yes, you have to be recording to show data, but that's not been a problem. I've recorded my 30 minute drive to work plenty of times. I do have a Bluetooth keyboard and it works ok, not perfect. The touch pad is finicky.

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would assume that you can use the touch screen to activate the recording feature, select channels and layouts, etc

·
Registered
1,471 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
That's accurate. I use a Windows 10 RCA Cambio to tune and log. Works great! I don’t think they make them anymore, but it was only 90 bux.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm looking at this Android 10" Quad Core 4GB Tablet - assuming that's fast enough to handle the live data stream from HPT

Amazon Link

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
You’ll have to have a windows OS for hptuners

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
But if all you want to do is see live data, and you have an OBD dongle for HPT, that dongle can probably pair to an Android tablet where you could run Torque. I have one of those "Tesla" Android head units in my V2 and I do exactly this. Put up some big gauges from Torque for the stuff the dashboard does not display. Stuff like fucking Oil Pressure, Transmission Temp, etc., You know, the basics that GM decided to omit from the dash in spite of this being a performance car where you'd want to see that shit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts