Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to finish my cooling upgrades then its upper pulley time. Looking at the Lingenfelter 2.5 or 2.4 upper kit with solid isolator, belt, ID850's and a tune.
My question is they recommend installing a 160 degree TS which I'm okay with but will there be issues with what I have planned and is it recommended.

TIA

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Going to finish my cooling upgrades then its upper pulley time. Looking at the Lingenfelter 2.5 or 2.4 upper kit with solid isolator, belt, ID850's and a tune.
My question is they recommend installing a 160 degree TS which I'm okay with but will there be issues with what I have planned and is it recommended.

TIA
I personally don't "get" the 160° Thermostat. So it opens up there vs whatever the stock one is...the operating temp is unaffected.

Why Lingenfeller vs others that are interchangeable?

·
Registered
643 Posts
I don’t see any problem with running it like you want, I have the lpe 2.55 kit on mine with the 160 ts not sure if it helps or not but I did it anyway. I’d recommend the 1050x or even larger over the 850’s they are sorta outdated, and eventually if you decide to do more down the road you’ll end up have to put larger ones in anyway. But just my opinion

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really no preference over a vendor. Just thought they were a reputable company to deal with on upgrades. I'm all ears on alternative recommendations for upper upgrades...school me please
I personally don't "get" the 160° Thermostat. So it opens up there vs whatever the stock one is...the operating temp is unaffected.

Why Lingenfeller vs others that are interchangeable?

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Really no preference over a vendor. Just thought they were a reputable company to deal with on upgrades. I'm all ears on alternative recommendations for upper upgrades...school me please
Skip the 160 thermostat. The fan can’t come on any lower than 180, and will run closer to 195.
Griptec is a more common option for pulleys these days. Their grip surface finish works. Id to go straight to a 2.45. I also agree on ID1050’s.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
See Mean Mike's answer

Reactions: SoCalDave

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'll toss in a shout-out to Tyler at Mont Motorsports from Canada. And this was my stock brick after 7 WOT 1/4 mile pulls at about 12lbs of boost with a 2.5 pulley.

·
Premium Member
13,457 Posts
any E85 in your area? for another $500 you can net 50 more hp, you paying for the tune anyhow

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,227 Posts
I’m curious to see what my stock brick looks like @ 140K miles, stock pulleys.
I have read that collapse can happen at stock boost. Can anyone confirm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I bought my car with roughly ~60k miles and 100% stock. As far as I know it had never been raced and from what the seller told me it probably wasn't even driven aggressively. I pulled the lid off to check the isolator and cleaned the brick and at that point it was completely flat. After, I made probably 30 1/8th and 1/4 mile passes with the car 100% stock then pulled the car apart for mods at ~63k miles and this was what the brick looked like.

·
Registered
805 Posts
IAT2 will be higher as the restriction increases. Theyre easy enough to inspect from time to time. You dont have to disconnect the lines or anything to flip the lid over and take a look.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Once again, thanks guys...
Skip the 160 thermostat. The fan can’t come on any lower than 180, and will run closer to 195.
Griptec is a more common option for pulleys these days. Their grip surface finish works. Id to go straight to a 2.45. I also agree on ID1050’s.
Hey Dave!

The 160 stat will make the car only run marginally cooler, probably 185-195 as opposed to 210-220. The big difference is that the thermostat will be fully open much sooner. If you are going to track the car or run the car hard. The 160 stat is a benefit as It will block bypass at a lower temp.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Dave!

The 160 stat will make the car only run marginally cooler, probably 185-195 as opposed to 210-220. The big difference is that the thermostat will be fully open much sooner. If you are going to track the car or run the car hard. The 160 stat is a benefit as It will block bypass at a lower temp.
Hey Ashley, good to see a name/face I know around here, not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing though...LOL
Don't plan on tracking or running this thing to hard for now as its my daily driver. Just like the boating world you get a taste of speed and eventually want more.
I'm in the process of updating the cooling system first (Fabtech) HX installed and installing reinforced brick and pump when I do a 2.4 or 2.5 upper pully, solid isolator, ariaid, ID1050's and tune. That's enough for this round...

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hey Ashley, good to see a name/face I know around here, not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing though...LOL
Don't plan on tracking or running this thing to hard for now as its my daily driver. Just like the boating world you get a taste of speed and eventually want more.
I'm in the process of updating the cooling system first (Fabtech) HX installed and installing reinforced brick and pump when I do a 2.4 or 2.5 upper pully, solid isolator, ariaid, ID1050's and tune. That's enough for this round...
Yea you will be in good shape. I liked it running a little cooler just to ward off any detonation, but the upgraded cooling system will help!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts