Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am new to the V world. I have already ordered a full exhaust, but I am interested in a few more upgrades that almost seen critical to the V.
First critical upgrade would be a tune after the exhaust system, second would be a CAI, looking to make the charger whine more noticeable. Third upgrade would be the heat exchanger. I see WeaponX has a pretty swanky triple setup that looks like it would me more than enough.
Has anyone decided to upgrade to the whipplecharger? If so, how much of a difference in driveability have you seen?
I am the North East region of the US so I would be looking for a shop here. I have found WeaponX... are there any others you would suggest?
Thank you in advance.

Also... What is the Bulb Part number for those terrible back-up halogen lights?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Northeast US?

You can check out Granite State Dyno in Hudson, NH. They’re just wrapping up my V3 build that dyno’d at 813 whp.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The reverse lights are 921s. I had a couple LED 194s so I put those in. I suggest replacing the license plate bulbs too. They're also 194s. That makes a huge difference. The entire car is led except those.

Quick side bar: Are there any free performance mods to the V? I haven't played around in the engine bay, but is there anything worth heat wrapping or removing/altering to allow cooler air etc.?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Northeast US?

You can check out Granite State Dyno in Hudson, NH. They’re just wrapping up my V3 build that dyno’d at 813 whp.
Can't wait to see videos of that!

The reverse lights are 921s. I had a couple LED 194s so I put those in. I suggest replacing the license plate bulbs too. They're also 194s. That makes a huge difference. The entire car is led except those.

Quick side bar: Are there any free performance mods to the V? I haven't played around in the engine bay, but is there anything worth heat wrapping or removing/altering to allow cooler air etc.?

Thank you for the part number on the reverse lights... Now to find the brightest ones LED. As far as Free performance, I saw some Airbox mods on youtube. I went ahead and ordered the WeaponX CAI they have a video that shows the sound diff. Love the power Adders but it has to sound perfect aswell...

·
Registered
109 Posts

Do you have links to where you bought those LED lights for the license plate and the backup light ( the one in the middle of the diffuser )

·
Registered
57 Posts
Do you have links to where you bought those LED lights for the license plate and the backup light ( the one in the middle of the diffuser )
https://www.amazon.com/Yorkim-Generation-Universal-10-Interior/dp/B00JRE38EA/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1528031239&sr=8-7&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=194+led+bulb

These look good and are cheap. You can also get some at superbrightleds.com, but you'll pay a premium and I haven't noticed a difference. I have the above from Amazon.

The reverse light has 2 bulbs so you'll need 4 total. Two for the license plate and 2 for the reverse.

Like I posted above, the reverse says 921 but I used 194.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Its amazing the post that pop up i was just looking at this on the way to caffeine and octane and noticed they where not led thought it was just mine

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice to have another Viper guy on the board :)
Ha, just got rid of my 14 Viper and my 15 SRT 392. Have an 18 CTS V and will probably add a trackhawk. These boards are definitely alot slower than what I am used to, especially with such an AWESOME car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
How easy is it to get to the reverse lights? I did on my last ATS-V with no issue since that car did not have the CF package, but my V3 does have the CF, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get to those damn bulbs... I can reach them (barely) but I can't get a grip to twist the socket out and i don't want to start tearing off body panels to change a couple of light bulbs :mad:

·
Registered
50 Posts
How easy is it to get to the reverse lights? I did on my last ATS-V with no issue since that car did not have the CF package, but my V3 does have the CF, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get to those damn bulbs... I can reach them (barely) but I can't get a grip to twist the socket out and i don't want to start tearing off body panels to change a couple of light bulbs :mad:
did this yesterday and wanted to kill myself. DESTROYED both arms to do it as well.

I got underneath, got both arms in there and a light, and used a 14mm open ended crescent to twist the bulb housing. I could not for the life of me twist it by hand.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just did this as well. License plate lights were easy but like slowhatch said the reverse lights are a bear. You have to work in from the sides to loosen the socket, needs a wrench, but I did remove the four screws on the bottom panel so I could pull the socket out that way to swap out the bulb for the LED. Used the LED’s that 5knives posted the amazon link to above. They work perfect.

What a difference, night and day compared to the originals. Best $10 upgrade period.

·
Registered
360 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts