81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Just got this

·
Banned
71 Posts
I found this site has the number ending in 2659 specific to the wagon.
But it’s listed with all the other numbers, like 2659 supersedes the rest
6D390922-AEE3-46FB-A201-A83F2A3FC39B.png

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I found this site has the number ending in 2659 specific to the wagon.
But it’s listed with all the other numbers, like 2659 supersedes the rest
View attachment 149921
What I shared, is what they sent me...holding up my order.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I ordered it through the trunkmonkeyparts tied to vin and it still comes up as a “wagon part”

Fits no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I ordered it through the trunkmonkeyparts tied to vin and it still comes up as a “wagon part”

Fits no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm trying to get them to send it to me.

·
Registered
125 Posts
How is the night time clarity on the newest camera? Does it show in color?

I have an aftermarket one my local stereo expert recommended but at night it is grainy and shows as black and white...day time it's clear and in color. Thanks.

I just upgraded the camera in my '12 Wagon. From what I understand the camera PN is different for sedans and wagons, but here's what I did:

Since I searched for this information and couldn’t find it. I wanted to post this along to anyone tired of the crappy OEM camera. So these three pictures below consist of 3 different part numbers. The first picture is the original part that came with the car. The image quality is crap. The 2nd image is from a 2016 CTS and has much better detail and the colors are quite a bit more clear and crisp... the problem is that it doesn’t fit the housing... the third picture is of the new part I got from GM.

View attachment 149467

As you can see the color, clarity and crispness of the new PN for my '12 Wagon was a HUGE improvement over the original OEM camera.

·
Registered
87 Posts
How is the night time clarity on the newest camera? Does it show in color?

I have an aftermarket one my local stereo expert recommended but at night it is grainy and shows as black and white...day time it's clear and in color. Thanks.
Honestly, I'm not sure I haven't driven my wagon all that much. And not really at all at night.... Maybe this weekend.

Reactions: ThunderOne

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I'm still waiting for mine for my coupe.

Reactions: mememe123

·
Registered
186 Posts
Well guys I installed this thing about a week ago and really didn't get and decent pics for comparison but I can attest that even the resolution is still somewhat low/poor I think mainly due to the display but the color is much better even at night. That alone is a huge improvement for me.
Old one on the left, new on the right.
Took about 2 beers to install.

20210402_173014.jpg

Old PN
20210402_173027.jpg

New PN
20210402_173035.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
2 beers? Sounds good to me! Think I'll clean mine and have 2 beers. Might smudge it up a bit later then clean it again and have a couple more beers.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Well guys I installed this thing about a week ago and really didn't get and decent pics for comparison but I can attest that even the resolution is still somewhat low/poor I think mainly due to the display but the color is much better even at night. That alone is a huge improvement for me.
Old one on the left, new on the right.
Took about 2 beers to install.

View attachment 150234

Old PN
View attachment 150235

New PN
View attachment 150236
You have a sedan...right?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just ordered one. As long as the picture isn't washed out/ damn near black and white then I'll be happy. I don't even bother using the rear camera that much right now.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
81 - 100 of 104 Posts