Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Well the item arrived today. I will get it installed in the next few days and post up the results. You guys can judge whether or not the resolution is any better.

Would you mind posting a link for the one you bought?

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
I didn't understand half the shit you said replying to me, lol. Why pin anything if it only required the RCA jack plugged it? At least that's what my instructions state. And what's the protool? Is that the tech tool that gm has? And what do you mean update the software? How? If we do t have that took you have.
What instructions are you reading? There's no RCA jack on the nav unit.
Yes GM has the tool.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
For the record on one of the "how to" write ups the person links a GM part number to purchase a pin + harness. I'm willing to pay a few bucks extra to get a pre-terminated connector. Those tiny connectors can be a REAL pain in the ass to crimp properly if you don't do them daily. I have the dies and whatnot but for a couple bucks I'm going to go with pre terminated pins.

Here's the part number. GM PN 13575845

And here's a link to the write up if you choose to do it his way. I didn't I went my own route. The write up here makes it much more complicated than it needs to be.

Rear back-up Camera on a 2010...

·
Super Moderator
21,178 Posts
I have the terminals, and I can make the adapter.

For CNC ported blowers and more, visit:
Dynamicflowconcepts.net

·
Registered
176 Posts
Are these aftermarket cameras compatible with the existing system?
As in, just replacing the camera and keeping current NAV/ rear camera configs? 2011 CTS-V with factory rear camera and NAV.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Anyone wondering, pin 5 & 15 are on the grey connector and they're numbered on the plug.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I did the WAMS NAV unlock and once I wired it all up, it worked.

I grabbed power off the reverse light, so when I move the shifter to reverse, the lights come on, my NAV screen switches to camera, and comes up if it isn't already.

When I move out of reverse, at first my screen would go black, then lower. Now it stays on camera until it lowers, but I had to add a power on delay for that to occur.

As to the RCA cable and terminals for the radio, my local GM dealer didn't have them, so I ordered them from an electrical house (big one, but name is eluding me right now).

I ordered extras, and sell the adapter, but I don't know if I have any made up at the moment.

Again, mine is a 2010, not sure if it works just this easily on 2009.

Fwiw, my 2010 is an early build, I think it's an August 2009 build off the top of my head.

For CNC ported blowers and more, visit:
Dynamicflowconcepts.net
@Karch, did you cut the single RCA cable head off and split the wires before going into the head unit into pins 5 & 15?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
21,178 Posts
Not quite. I bought an RCA adapter and cut off one end and put proper terminals on the ends.

CNC ported blowers, heads from WCCH, new Eaton rotor packs for your LSA blower, Mamo ported throttle bodies and more:
[email protected]
Dynamicflowconcepts.net

·
Registered
113 Posts
has anyone changed the camera on a 11-12? where the camera is actually mounted to the chrome trim piece?
I am curious about this as well, it's been a while since this was posted. Has anybody upgraded the stock camera to a better one by now? And if yes, which one and how hard was it to swap? Thanks.

Reactions: Wrecked Em

·
Registered
85 Posts
So do we have a definitive answer to the question, Does an aftermarket camera look better on the OEM Nav Screen than the stock camera (for those of us that have '11+ Model year cars)? The camera on my '12 is pretty craptacular and if there is an inexpensive upgrade I'm in.

·
Registered
113 Posts
So do we have a definitive answer to the question, Does an aftermarket camera look better on the OEM Nav Screen than the stock camera (for those of us that have '11+ Model year cars)? The camera on my '12 is pretty craptacular and if there is an inexpensive upgrade I'm in.
Just did this - replaced the stock camera only with an aftermarket camera (Rydeen brand), it's a brand that my preferred stereo shop carries.

Pros - better quality and color in the daytime, even with the stock screen. Less grainy.

Cons - 1. Worse quality at night, I guess the IR is not as good. Color is off, and picture is grainy. 2. The way our cars show the reverse camera image even when you shift into 1st/Drive for a few more seconds - that feature is gone (I like that feature as it was before). Now when I shift into 1st, the screen stays up like before but the image is black. Not sure why a different camera changed the duration of the image being displayed.

Next step - I am trying a camera from a 2018 Escalade, will see what that looks like.

Reactions: Wrecked Em

·
Registered
944 Posts
You guys are spoiled, I barely use the back camera. I also drive my 52 year old, 20 foot long Pontiac Catalina with no camera or passenger side mirror. I grew up turning to look and using the brain to gauge where to sidewalk is located. Our fathers, father were better drivers. No GPS, they could drive across the country by reading signs or using the old ATLAS map book.

·
Registered
56 Posts
You guys are spoiled, I barely use the back camera. I also drive my 52 year old, 20 foot long Pontiac Catalina with no camera or passenger side mirror. I grew up turning to look and using the brain to gauge where to sidewalk is located. Our fathers, father were better drivers. No GPS, they could drive across the country by reading signs or using the old ATLAS map book.
I'm STILL a map kinda guy, I break out the Atlas and/or print travel maps from Google Maps. I'm not a fan of turning the "land navigation" section of my brain off. Too many people end up down too many windy roads to nowhere that way.....heheheh I can almost hear the banjos playing now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Not my 09 V ... :D

that looks like an upgraded camera. Great pic! I say that bc I just went from a 2014 Coupe to a 2012 V and the cameras are night and day. They(GM) must have upgraded in these cars in 2013 or 2014. Very grainy and not clear in the 2102, but a lot better in the 2014. I’ve seen the aftermarket cameras online but not sure if they have good resolution or not. I may have to gamble and buy one so I can get back to the clearer backup.
it’s an OCD thing for me. The bad resolution is driving me nuts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Yeah I'm happy with it ...

41 - 60 of 71 Posts