Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my lockpick comes in and I can finish the front camera install with the new Pyle camera, I want to address the poor resolution rear camera. But was wondering if anyone has already gone down this path, and if so, what camera did you use to upgrade the rear camera? This is specifically for V's with factory nav and backup.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Huh, had no idea :) The more you know!

I've seen a bunch of posts centered around adding rear view cams to cars that didn't have them, but none in the area of upgrading ones that are already there

·
Registered
482 Posts
I think the issue with ththe camera is the angle. It needs a sun shield. Everytime I look at mine it's usually just washed out from glare. I planned to mess with mine this weekend

·
Registered
869 Posts
Not sure what OEM upgrade there is, the new GM cars have cameras that are more colorful than ours but even more grainy. I have had a 2015 Buick and a 2016 SRX that I got out to clean the lens off of it was so bad. It did not help.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I always like the ones with parking guides, but I did find out if you push the night time mode button that looks like a sun and moon on the center console, it helps with the glare issue.

Reactions: MYV and Blades1_99

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think the issue with ththe camera is the angle. It needs a sun shield. Everytime I look at mine it's usually just washed out from glare. I planned to mess with mine this weekend
This happens a lot with mine too, but occasionally it also just beeps as if something is behind me when there really isn't anything. Has anyone experienced that at all?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have an 2011. The rear view is very lack luster. I considered it a screen issue more than a camera issue. I get the beep (sensors) and also have to constantly adjust the night day auto adjustment. I would like to find replacement/ upgrade parts.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I actually don't think the camera is bad compared to some other current GM cars I've driven. It's more washed out looking than my wife's Grand Cherokee, but definitely more clear I would say.

·
Registered
690 Posts
i would like to upgrade the screen in my V over the camera.

Reactions: loweredd

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Cameras, we don't need no stinking cameras!! 1st would problems right here lol.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sooo..I'm not changing it out for the simple reason that it's actually a lot better than our newer GM vehicles in my household..Yea, I miss the nav lines on the screen, but the clarity is actually better than the backup camera in my wife's 2016 Denali Yukon. They must have changed suppliers. So, this is a mod that's going on the backshelf at this time.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts