Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
1,489 Posts
Hey guys, can I get an estimate on when I'll receive my V2 Carbon Fiber 5" Intake Kit that I purchased back on July 6, 2022?

Talbert Reese
Order #21531
I'd canx that and get the DDP intake 100%...

Reactions: random84 and Ctarb1

· Registered
1,957 Posts

· Registered
2011 thunder grey coupe a6 recaros.
1,154 Posts
I'm not familiar with DDP, I've never heard of them. What's the advantage over the Weapon X 5" intake?
You’ll get it faster then 10-12 months

Reactions: Teh V and Jim

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info guys, it seems kinda pricey and it's only 4.5" vs 5", will losing a .5" make much of a horsepower loss? I can also get the BMR 5" intake if all else fails.

· Vendor
13,823 Posts
Thanks for the info guys, it seems kinda pricey and it's only 4.5" vs 5", will losing a .5" make much of a horsepower loss? I can also get the BMR 5" intake if all else fails.

Its actually tapered. Will lose nothing

· Premium Member
17,909 Posts
I have a DDP. That's all you need to know.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
17,909 Posts
And guncrafters, nighthawks, Wilson combats, colts…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you pick up a DW 10mm, or was that some other guy named Karch?!?

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a DDP. That's all you need to know.

I'll give Weapon X to the end of the month to ship my order, if they don't, I'll cancel it and order the DDP. I ordered it on there 4th of July Sale for $399, regular price was $499, it's bad enough paying $399 for what's basically a hollow tube, but $650 for the DDP....OUCH!!

· Administrator
22,851 Posts
Did you pick up a DW 10mm, or was that some other guy named Karch?!?

I tried. I can’t have it shipped here, but I’ll be there in a few weeks.

I’m digging the 10mm, even though I have a few others. I wonder if I can convert my 2011 to 10mm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,489 Posts

DDP is Data Driven Performance, and those guys did their homework. If I'm not mistaken, they worked with guys like Carl Hartline and Rick Crawford (maybe even Matt since he is the westcoast man!), to which they showed gains on their built motors.
IT WORKS!! Is all I can say, I dyno swapped my NewEra 4.5 for DDP and picked up 30whp. Fact! We did a couple baseline pulls on my car with NewEra dialed in, shut the car off, swapped then went at it again as the afternoon got warmer. Went from 788whp to 818whp and that is not a glory pull I promise! Worth Every PENNY!! It is the same tune I run everyday, so there could be more there, but I don't push the envelope like others.
Good Luck,
Jeff

Reactions: tinman and MrSurly

· Registered
2011 cts v coupe
530 Posts
@Karch @random sounds like we need to meet up for a shoot. Just saying

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DDP is Data Driven Performance, and those guys did their homework. If I'm not mistaken, they worked with guys like Carl Hartline and Rick Crawford (maybe even Matt since he is the westcoast man!), to which they showed gains on their built motors.
IT WORKS!! Is all I can say, I dyno swapped my NewEra 4.5 for DDP and picked up 30whp. Fact! We did a couple baseline pulls on my car with NewEra dialed in, shut the car off, swapped then went at it again as the afternoon got warmer. Went from 788whp to 818whp and that is not a glory pull I promise! Worth Every PENNY!! It is the same tune I run everyday, so there could be more there, but I don't push the envelope like others.
Good Luck,
Jeff

Okay Florida-Vee, you've convinced me, I was gonna give Weapon X till the end of the month, but I'm gonna cancel it today and order the DDP Kit. Hey Matt, if you're still following this thread, you tuned my car back in January 2020, the car has a Kong 5" intake that extends down to pull in air from behind the fog light, do I need a re-tune since the DDP setup is totally different?

· Vendor
13,823 Posts
Okay Florida-Vee, you've convinced me, I was gonna give Weapon X till the end of the month, but I'm gonna cancel it today and order the DDP Kit. Hey Matt, if you're still following this thread, you tuned my car back in January 2020, the car has a Kong 5" intake that extends down to pull in air from behind the fog light, do I need a re-tune since the DDP setup is totally different?
Yes you do

1 - 20 of 43 Posts