Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So before it starts to get brutally hot in Houston again i need to redo my cooling system. Currently the car is 2.45/8.6 combo so it gets hot quick. Right now i have a Varimax pump, 3/4" cooling lines, ZL1 lid, Off brand HX and a Buck performance underhood tank.

I'm going to be switching to a trunk tank and EMP pump for sure, ditching the under-hood tank and old HX. I have my eye set on the destroyer HX kit but just wondering if something like the TA would suffice with the trunk tank and EMP pump?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I believe the general consensus is the trunk tank and EMP will be most of the improvement and money well spent.

You can order the track attack with 1" fittings. Just ask.

Can't really go wrong with either solution.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
784 Posts
So the interchiller completely replaces the HX correct?
It can, and know it's suggested to remove the HX. However that just doesn't sit well with me for a variety for reasons, so I will keep my WX HX. Which with his new system coming out, seems it will work best in conjunction with the HX.

·
Registered
381 Posts
It can, and know it's suggested to remove the HX. However that just doesn't sit well with me for a variety for reasons, so I will keep my WX HX. Which with his new system coming out, seems it will work best in conjunction with the HX.
I’m excited about our new temperature controller and new bypass valves, we now have a solution for all inquiries. I think a stock HX with the chiller is enough for most but no HX is still a simple solution.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I’m excited about our new temperature controller and new bypass valves, we now have a solution for all inquiries. I think a stock HX with the chiller is enough for most but no HX is still a simple solution.
Agreed, just wasn't a good fit for me to delete. Needed the upgrade. I went with the Track Attack, one of the big reasons is that it's similar enough to where you have mentioned that it will integrate just as easy as the stock unit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts