Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Costco is having a sale on this unit. I have seen it for years but thought nothing of it until I started looking for a Deionization water system. Is not too bad in pricing compared to other units. Has anyone tired this system?

· Registered
393 Posts
Link is broken. (Says no product found)

Does it use commercial DI resin?

You might want to check how many gallons you can get before it is spent. The bulk resin refill prices have sky rocketed (x2-x3) with our typical supply chain issues…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
393 Posts
So they claim 11 washes (45 dollar refill) which is pretty good considering it is 150 bucks.

The spotless CR stuff is about 15 washes and 405 bucks plus 150-200 for the refill.

Sounds like a good deal to me, but as always your mileage may vary with this stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
2010 CTS-V sedan, M6
220 Posts
Right on, Costco has it for $139 and it comes with a second resin refill. The one on amazon is $150 and doesn't come with a second resin refill. I guess no one has tried this system yet so in that case I will report back on how it is.
You happen to have a report on how it's working for you?

· Registered
1,959 Posts
Right on, Costco has it for $139 and it comes with a second resin refill. The one on amazon is $150 and doesn't come with a second resin refill. I guess no one has tried this system yet so in that case I will report back on how it is.
Can you put this inline with a power washer? Or is this just to rise after washing?

· Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You happen to have a report on how it's working for you?
The 1st wash was pretty good, although the water had a little fishy smell to it, I thought nothing of it. All the chrome dried up without a water spot to be seen. The car itself looked really good. I did use a detail spray as the car was drying to give a better shine.

On the second wash the fishy smell got worse. I wanted to test the "Spotless Drying" and see if I could really let it dry on its own and not leave spots. I let the car sit in the shade for just about two hours. Came back out and water spots everywhere except for the chrome parts. Granted, I took my detailing spray to it and the water spots came out very easy. Maybe if the car was Ceramic coated or had a fresh coat of wax on it the results could have been different....

Parked the car in the garage for a couple of hours, when I returned the whole garage had a nasty fishy smell to it. I took it back to Costco and got my refund. I think it would be better to spend the little extra cash and get the "CR Spotless" system. It seems to be proven to work.

· Registered
2010 CTS-V sedan, M6
220 Posts
The 1st wash was pretty good, although the water had a little fishy smell to it, I thought nothing of it. All the chrome dried up without a water spot to be seen. The car itself looked really good. I did use a detail spray as the car was drying to give a better shine.

On the second wash the fishy smell got worse. I wanted to test the "Spotless Drying" and see if I could really let it dry on its own and not leave spots. I let the car sit in the shade for just about two hours. Came back out and water spots everywhere except for the chrome parts. Granted, I took my detailing spray to it and the water spots came out very easy. Maybe if the car was Ceramic coated or had a fresh coat of wax on it the results could have been different....

Parked the car in the garage for a couple of hours, when I returned the whole garage had a nasty fishy smell to it. I took it back to Costco and got my refund. I think it would be better to spend the little extra cash and get the "CR Spotless" system. It seems to be proven to work.
Have to say, did not expect a report of fishy smells, haha. But glad I asked. I'm trying to up my home detailing game, but I think I keep coming back to paying a pro.

· Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can you put this inline with a power washer? Or is this just to rise after washing?
You can use any power washer with it. I have a electric power washer from home depot, nothing special. I would recommend you get one with a long hose (10' is what I had and i upgraded to a 25' hose from amazon). Just so you can leave the power washer stationary and not have to lug it around the car when the hose falls short. As for the power washer handle, mine came with a long extension that had to be used inline with the power washer to work. If you are using a foaming canon, after a while it can get heavy and the overall control is kind of weird. Its almost like your hands are in the position as if you were holding a shotgun. When I upgraded my hose I upgraded the handle to a little stud handle. It feels much more comfortable, lighter and you have more control. When using with my foam canon, my hands are in the position as if I was holding a Uzi lol, much more control with less kick. Hope this helps you.

· Registered
1,959 Posts
Yeah I already have a power washer and cannon. Didn't know if the Unger would flow enough to keep up with the washer.

· Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Have to say, did not expect a report of fishy smells, haha. But glad I asked. I'm trying to up my home detailing game, but I think I keep coming back to paying a pro.
Get the CR system with a good power washer. Honestly my electric power washer makes washing the car a whole lot faster, especially the brake dust on the wheels and old tire shine on the tires. Comes off with ease. No more squatting down and brushing them, then hearing my knees pop as I stand back up. I use a Turtle wax Hybrid solutions ceramic wet wax in aid when drying the car. Spray it on the car while its wet and it makes drying a breeze.

· Premium Member
13,999 Posts
I find packing the washer back up a pain in the ass and even with a 25’ hose you still have to reset at least once to get direct wash around the entire car
maybe one day I’ll have a stationary washer set up with a 50’ hose, that would be great

· Registered
122 Posts
I use this water filter inline to my ryobie 1800psu pressure washer and it works pretty good for keeping spots off uncoated vehicles.

WaterSentinel SF-20W Spotless Car Wash Inline Deionized Water Garden Hose Water Filter & Extension Adapter for RV, Boat, Marine, Motorcycle, Home, Windows, Spot Free Wash, Solar Panels (2-Pack) https://a.co/d/5ntGv6s

1 - 17 of 17 Posts