Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still new to reading HPT logs and processing the info. Pulled this from a log this morning - curious about the EQ be EQ cmd. The EQ never changes so is EQC what I watch to ensure my AFR isn’t off? The Lambda output on the AFR gauge typically reads .76-.78 at WOT and .9-1.0 cruising.

Any other critical info to watch during WOT pulls?

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Still new to reading HPT logs and processing the info. Pulled this from a log this morning - curious about the EQ be EQ cmd. The EQ never changes so is EQC what I watch to ensure my AFR isn’t off? The Lambda output on the AFR gauge typically reads .76-.78 at WOT and .9-1.0 cruising.

Any other critical info to watch during WOT pulls? View attachment 152654 View attachment 152653
Many tuners have set ups that they prefer to see the data a certain way. I only know this because I was provided set up files as to what someone wanted to see. What your person ultimately wants is what you'll get used to viewing.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I wish the gauges and data read without having to be recording.

Reactions: mememe123

·
Premium Member
16,470 Posts
Justin will surely be here to help us out because he's a generous and kind soul, so often misunderstood.

@Justin.white9407

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Do you have a wideband O2 for eq and do you have any cooling mods?

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Does your eq reading ever change? Sitting at idle and giving a throttle blip? Which O2 meter are you using? Does the reading change on the gauge if you have one?

·
Registered
'14 Coupe
238 Posts
Like V_Wagon said, if your injector data is correct, you need to go waaay bigger.
This looks like 2.45 upper on stock injectors. Or 2.55 on full E with stock injectors, in either case, you need to address your fueling issue (pump + injectors) ASAP, or you will be having major internal issues.

Edit.
Did not realize that E is at 80% on the pic. Yes, bigger injectors and fuel pump.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Eq ratio may have the wrong sensor selected in the data which is why it isn't changing and could be the reason your idc is showing 99%.

Reactions: mememe123

·
Registered
'14 Coupe
238 Posts
@ Head Hunter needs to tell us what size injectors he has.

Fuel pressure looks ok to me, wonder if Jim is right.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
I have a setup very similar to Head Hunters but with 1050x injectors. I typically run 50 to 60% ethanol and idc is ~65% depending on temperature so I'm sure he has enough injector and I'm pretty confident that idc is a calculated number and since his eq ratio is 68, that calculation for idc isn't actual.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Found the calculation. Rpm x ipw/120000 = idc.

Reactions: Head Hunter

·
Registered
199 Posts
yea IDC dosnt get fudged by any sensors or poor data its always correct as its just IPW against RPM (as long as its maths are set right should be default in scanner) going of the MAP, Boost and cyl airmass not sure if the injector data may need looking at, or u have a lower barometric then normal under 100kpa ? EQratio commanded should change when cruising around it should be showing 1.0 and then when u go into PE it should show richer like what u are seeing, u also have some LTFT adding to each bank for WOT personally if u have WB just disable the LTFT and leave STFT on for driving around then it shouldnt affect PE fueling so u can dial that in with the WB,
if ur not seeing EQ 1.0 when idling and driving normally then there will be some OL tables that need to be set to 1.0 in the operating temp areas ( OL IVT gains is one that normally gets missed) but only do the operating temps u want he cold startup to stay as is

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
He's at 3600 feet from another post. I'm at 3600 feet here as well and don't see above 70% idc on smaller injectors. Difference is 20% alcohol as I generally run up to 60% and he's at 80 on the log he posted.

·
Premium Member
2011 CTS-V Coupe A6 1700 HP, 2009 CTS-V Sedan A6 1450 HP, 2012 CTS-V coupe M6 1100 HP
1,018 Posts

Any other critical info to watch during WOT pulls? View attachment 152654 View attachment 152653
Sent a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the replies - injectors are 1300s and running AEM pumps plus DSX aux. EQ never changes, just EQ Cmd. Gauge shows .75-.78 under WOT and .98-1.0 at idle

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Sounds like your wideband isn't connected to the vcm scanner.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts