Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Again, this forum has amazed me.

I have owned a ton of different vehicles in my life. NEVER have I found a group like V owners. I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with one of you guys on here and I'm betting there will be many more phone calls and texts between us in the years to come. Living in the SF Bay Area, I sometimes wonder if there are any normal, decent human beings left in this country. There are, they're V owners that aren't crazy enough to live in California!

The engine and everything else I can find to go with it are sold! I could not be happier with where it's going.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Again, this forum has amazed me.

I have owned a ton of different vehicles in my life. NEVER have I found a group like V owners. I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with one of you guys on here and I'm betting there will be many more phone calls and texts between us in the years to come. Living in the SF Bay Area, I sometimes wonder if there are any normal, decent human beings left in this country. There are, they're V owners that aren't crazy enough to live in California!

The engine and everything else I can find to go with it are sold! I could not be happier with where it's going.
Awesome! Congrats on the quick sale it was for sure a steal. I was honestly seriously debating buying it to put in my S2000...

It’s probably best Someone else bought it tho because I love the s2000 as it is and now I can go back to dreaming about a Kong 2650 in my V lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Congrats on selling it, but that motor home would have been cuntastic with that LSA TR6060 combo.

Hahahaha. You think it didn't cross my mind?

I was actually surprisingly impressed with the Ford V10 engine and 6 speed trans in this new RV we bought. Even bone stock it was REALLY strong. I've (of course. lol) tuned it, did some intake mods and also put long tubes on it. There were big gains from stock, especially for an NA engine. I don't like headers but the stock manifolds were a joke. After the mods it's making almost 500ft/lbs of torque at what seems like right off idle. It's the perfect engine/trans for what it's in, an RV. It will cruise at 90 like it's not even working and still averages over 10mpg for the 25k miles we've driven it. It's a Ford, but I actually like it.

·
Super Moderator
16,518 Posts
Hahahaha. You think it didn't cross my mind?

I was actually surprisingly impressed with the Ford V10 engine and 6 speed trans in this new RV we bought. Even bone stock it was REALLY strong. I've (of course. lol) tuned it, did some intake mods and also put long tubes on it. There were big gains from stock, especially for an NA engine. I don't like headers but the stock manifolds were a joke. After the mods it's making almost 500ft/lbs of torque at what seems like right off idle. It's the perfect engine/trans for what it's in, an RV. It will cruise at 90 like it's not even working and still averages over 10mpg for the 25k miles we've driven it. It's a Ford, but I actually like it.
The Ford V10 is the motor home gas engine of choice no doubt.

I was anti Ford forever, but currently have 2 F150’s as daily drivers one 3.5 EB and one 2.7EB, both are fast as fuck for a truck and the 2.7 is actually slightly faster than 3.5.

I also have a wakeboat with the Ford 6.2L raptor and it’s a towboat beast.

Ford isn’t bad.

·
Premium Member
12,385 Posts
the new ford 7.3 gas engine was aimed squarely at the motorhome market. Ill never understand why Ford doesnt offer the diesel option for them. I have customers who have converted diesel 4x4 motorhomes they are bad ass but man you feel like they are falling apart right before your eyes. I absolutely despise working on them

21 - 27 of 27 Posts