Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents, any advice on tuners in the Charlotte NC area?

Or thoughts on remote tuning, I have read a good bit on Justin White but not really sure of the process on the user side? Is it something the average wrencher can do? Associated expectations??

Looking for a mild, safe tune, just to remove some of the stupid crap GM has smashed in there.

TIA!

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
What stupid crap you looking to remove? Remote tune is easy but you need HP tuners and a wideband.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Most people here prefer Pat G or Justin White, both have excellent reviews.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Alvin at PCM of NC is really good. But they have a long back log (months) and not very customer friendly when it comes to working you in on a schedule. I would prefer to schedule it when its convenient for them to take me in first thing in the morning when they open an let me wait until they are finished but they prefer you to drop it off and leave so they can "work it in" their schedule. Now they will probably get it done in day or 2 at the most, but if out of town that becomes a hassle. But the quality of the tune is great and support is great.

It's my option you get a little better custom tune with their dyno and road tune than with a remote tune. But I think Justin will spend plenty of time walking you through the road tune.

·
Super Moderator
20,543 Posts
V3 tuning has been quite varied, I would really be sure to go with a quality shop if there’s an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What stupid crap you looking to remove? Remote tune is easy but you need HP tuners and a wideband.
4 cyl mode (currently using the plug in disable, which works but have to unplug if I'm not driving car). Better throttle response and shift patterns. Plus not sure if any tweaks need to be made for intake, exhaust and ported TB......

·
2X 9 second club
11,148 Posts
Chris Crawford at RPM in Garner NC is my suggestion.

feel free to PM me if you would like to hear about my V3 tuning nightmare.....

·
Registered
189 Posts
I highly suggest a tune because of how rich the V can get, after driving for awhile I noticed my rear license plate is a bit darker due to the carbon build-up on it, it cannot be removed by wash only by a sticker removal or something like that. that what came on my mind when the OP said GM's crap. though I didn't tune my V yet.

·
2X 9 second club
11,148 Posts
these cars smoke like an old bus because they are so rich when you get into boost.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chris Crawford at RPM in Garner NC is my suggestion.

feel free to PM me if you would like to hear about my V3 tuning nightmare.....
Thanks again for the input, he shot me back a message and is now only offering remote tuning. I'd have to pop in a wide band and do the HP Pro software, easy grand in those before the tune. Any input on PCM motorsports? They have some click bait on the banner.....

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Thanks again for the input, he shot me back a message and is now only offering remote tuning. I'd have to pop in a wide band and do the HP Pro software, easy grand in those before the tune. Any input on PCM motorsports? They have some click bait on the banner.....
I have heard good things about their work on the LSA...I would certainly hope that translates to the LT4 since they are a big name in the heart of race country. Hopefully someone else can chime in and confirm!

·
2X 9 second club
11,148 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Just take a few days off and take it to Jeremy Formato near Tampa and be done with it. It will run like a champ afterwards and it will be worth not having the headaches of choosing somebody around here

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Just take a few days off and take it to Jeremy Formato near Tampa and be done with it. It will run like a champ afterwards and it will be worth not having the headaches of choosing somebody around here
Then take a week off to fix all the f**** ups he will have after taking it there

1 - 18 of 18 Posts