Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured id post up since apparently im the first/only V3 CTSV to go into the 10s "tune only"

I didn't think it would be too hard at all considering what my car was running via Dragy but was told by many in the community it was impossible as they had tried and failed.

Anyways, a year and half later I finally got to the track. Ended up launching in 2nd gear as the track didnt want to hold 1st gear.

stock 2016 CTSV, full weight, tuned by me, 93 octane + a can of boostane
running MH race master drag radials

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
735 Posts
Wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Nicely done.

·
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
1,433 Posts
Figured id post up since apparently im the first/only V3 CTSV to go into the 10s "tune only"

I didn't think it would be too hard at all considering what my car was running via Dragy but was told by many in the community it was impossible as they had tried and failed.

Anyways, a year and half later I finally got to the track. Ended up launching in 2nd gear as the track didnt want to hold 1st gear.

stock 2016 CTSV, full weight, tuned by me, 93 octane + a can of boostane
running MH race master drag radials

View attachment 150652
View attachment 150653
Nicely done!

Is that a 17x10 275/40/17 wheel and tire set up?

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nicely done!

Is that a 17x10 275/40/17 wheel and tire set up?
its a 17x10 vms knock off wheel with a 275/50/17, kinda wish I went with a shorter tire, 26 inch tall rather than 28, the car doesnt seem to like these 28s, rubs the fender liner, freaks out the whole car because of the difference in tire size front to rear, etc.

my V2 loved these taller tires, but it seems most run the shorter tires on this generation with success

Trans tuning goes a long way along with keeping MAT down and traction
Pretty much, I think the majority of improvement is from trans tuning and getting rid of some of the throttle limiting nonsense. Theres not really much power left on the table on the ECM side of things.

·
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
1,433 Posts
its a 17x10 vms knock off wheel with a 275/50/17, kinda wish I went with a shorter tire, 26 inch tall rather than 28, the car doesnt seem to like these 28s, rubs the fender liner, freaks out the whole car because of the difference in tire size front to rear, etc.

my V2 loved these taller tires, but it seems most run the shorter tires on this generation with success
Thanks for the response. I'm plainning on some 17x10 Forgestar F14 with 275/40/17 drag tires. It should be a good match between stock front(26.3") and rear(26") tires.

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Were you shifting with the paddles or did you click out of manual after you left in second gear?
I tuned it so it would upshift in manual mode at WOT, so I just started in 2nd gear manually and let the car do its thing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts