Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed some 2" TSP Header with nothing but leaks. The noise is driving me crazy inside the cabin. Unbolted and re tightened the collectors as well as noticed some manifold bolts were loose on the driver side so tightened them back down. I thought the noise was quieter but now its all I can focus on. I'm not ready to just put the windows down and turn the radio up.
I figure I will just buy new gaskets and try again. I am throwing the p1133 and p1155 codes as well as noticing misfire down low.
Do I just: Replace OEM gaskets,
OEM Gaskets with small coat of copper RTV on both sides.
Use the Remflex gasket for 6.2L part #2008.

New gaskets were supposed to have been put on during install (I did not install myself).

·
Super Moderator
16,534 Posts
That’s a bummer.

But not the first time I have heard about Chinese headers leaking.

Last time I heard of them leaking was from a warped flange that would not allow gasket to seal.

Be careful over torquing into aluminum heads, 18 ftlbs is the spec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As a little update I ordered gasket #12620947 and pulled the current gasket that came with the headers. Turns out the Headers came with new #12617944.

The 12620947 (Top) costs more and looks to have a coating between the manifold and gasketside. The noncoated 12617944 (Bottom) seems to not have a dark circle around cylinder #7. I'm hoping this is where the leak sound was coming from as it sounded like a driver side leak from inside the car. Both gaskets match up the same so I guess the only difference is the coating. Will buy another to replace the passenger side and hopefully it will sound much better.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Any update? I got mine on and they were pretty trouble free. Two stock wires are way too close and had to have the dip stick extended but otherwise the actual fit was great. No clearancing required.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts