Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right guys, I have it unclipped from the two latches that hold it. Now how do you undo the connector?
I think I am going to have to do it by feel as I can not see a red button. Is it possible to manipulate this thing where you can see what you are doing?
Every video I pull up seems to gloss over this part, I suspect because the camera man has to hold the camera with one hand.
I REALLY do not want to have to pull the front bumper to gain access.
If you have a trick or least have done this please chime in. I need some words of encouragement.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts

Do a little searching, I posted this years go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw your thread Mike and even printed a couple of pictures from it but you do not show where the red locking tab is on the connector and I can barely move the TCM around to see it. Can you spin the TCM while it is connected to the harness or do you have to disconnect the connector by feel?

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
the connector is a cam lock , you have to press in a small detent and swing the arm over and up at the same time sliding the connector away for the tcm . look at the main ecm for an idea of what the connection is and then try again. its a bit of a pita but not too bad

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I saw your thread Mike and even printed a couple of pictures from it but you do not show where the red locking tab is on the connector and I can barely move the TCM around to see it. Can you spin the TCM while it is connected to the harness or do you have to disconnect the connector by feel?

Lift up red tab, press center and then lift up lever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you sir!!
That is an awesome series of photographs!!
If you could add those to that original thread I'm sure it would help someone else besides me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to my buddy with small hands I had success!
Thanks again LT4 Mike!
Gas Engineering Composite material Office equipment Metal

Your thread was what made me even attempt this in the first place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts