Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

Trying to get some head(s)

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  wawazat 
#1 ·
So I’m currently getting my blower ported. I may or may not be on the fence about getting my heads ported. Frankenstein happens to have a sale going on and the stage 2 is what I’m looking at.

I haven’t really looked into it much but how much of the front of the motor so I have to pull off to get the heads off?

and

what kinda things are worth changing/upgrading while heads are off?
I currently have upgraded springs/rods/smith bro’s kit. Which may be replaced by whatever FED has to offer.

#3 ·
For heads there are many options but it is a pretty big investment.

You'll want to do the Johnson lifters while heads are off.
New pushrods also, larger diameter 5/16-3/8 is what most use . Legnth will need to be determined once heads are torqued .

Budget is port the stock lsa heads with upgraded springs and retainers.

Next is out of the box trickflows or have mamo port trickflows with solid results.

Then you have more exotic options for bigger c.i. is needed to really make them show their worth.

Frankenstein is newer and not many here have results with them. I wouldnt be afraid to try them. I've followed their work and seen results on other setups and they have some of the best stuff on the market imo.

Comes down to budget and cam being used to compliment the head game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#4 ·
For heads there are many options but it is a pretty big investment.

You'll want to do the Johnson lifters while heads are off.
New pushrods also, larger diameter 5/16-3/8 is what most use . Legnth will need to be determined once heads are torqued .

Budget is port the stock lsa heads with upgraded springs and retainers.

Next is out of the box trickflows or have mamo port trickflows with solid results.

Then you have more exotic options for bigger c.i. is needed to really make them show their worth.

Frankenstein is newer and not many here have results with them. I wouldnt be afraid to try them. I've followed their work and seen results on other setups and they have some of the best stuff on the market imo.

Comes down to budget and cam being used to compliment the head game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I currently have BTR push rods. I can’t remember what size they were. I bought them in a package that LT1Z put together for me. I bought his 2.5 cam. And I read a little on the lifters. Seems to be the 2110’s. And as far as length of push rods, it doesn’t say the heads are milled during the process. But that’s also something I can find out when I continue talking with FED.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.