Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes its listed for sale as I'm bored with it but I'm having a hard time finding its replacement with a 60k cap that I would be happy with power wise and condition wise. There are a few cars like the F10 M5 and RS7 but I really don't want to mess with those out of warranty. So thinking of replacing all the shocks or do coilovers and adding some wheels and refreshing some topend items to bring it back to life and change it up. Thoughts?

I gambled with VS Forged and it soured before I even got them so I sold them without even mounting. These speak to me and are a 2 piece design which I dig.

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Those wheels look really good! But, you are still gonna have the same old car in the end, is it really worth spending $1,000+ per wheel, then tires and whatever else you decide to do... If you were gonna keep the car for quite awhile, yes I would do it. If not, I would be careful on the money put into it.

Reactions: MYV

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those wheels look really good! But, you are still gonna have the same old car in the end, is it really worth spending $1,000+ per wheel, then tires and whatever else you decide to do... If you were gonna keep the car for quite awhile, yes I would do it. If not, I would be careful on the money put into it.
I still really enjoy the car, I'm just bored with the drag pack look. It makes gobs of power and is reliable but never sees the track due to time and distance. I wouldn't be spending the retail in the set but I'm thinking of spending 5-6k on the car for wheels/tires and refreshing some items like shocks, valvetrain and some small cosmetic stuff vs selling it and buying a higher end money pit out of warranty that is way more expensive on the repairs side. I would love newer tech and its nice to look at but I am one that always seems to buy all the extras but never use the shit. Not sure if I'm weird or its the norm in that aspect. Kind of at a cross roads and do not want a car payment nor do I want to deplete the emergency funds much more than 20k for a newer vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
20,830 Posts
The way I look at it, the new electronic stuff is nice, and pretty to look at, but I like the more visceral feeling when it comes down to it.

You can spend endless amounts of money keeping up to date with new cars and the electronics.

I mean, I rarely, if ever, use a car’s NAV system, my phone does a good job at that.

You can buy some electronic gizmos, like the latest phone, and save a ton of money.

Depending on your state, even the sales tax on a used $60k car is a hit I don’t like to take very often, then there’s the depreciation, and will all that bring enough joy or excitement, or does it wear off in a year or two and you do it again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The way I look at it, the new electronic stuff is nice, and pretty to look at, but I like the more visceral feeling when it comes down to it.

You can spend endless amounts of money keeping up to date with new cars and the electronics.

I mean, I rarely, if ever, use a car’s NAV system, my phone does a good job at that.

You can buy some electronic gizmos, like the latest phone, and save a ton of money.

Depending on your state, even the sales tax on a used $60k car is a hit I don’t like to take very often, then there’s the depreciation, and will all that bring enough joy or excitement, or does it wear off in a year or two and you do it again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is why I mentioned it, it looks pretty in pictures but I never really use it as I always use my phone. I think I miss the drive-ability on a street radial more than anything and I haven't done anything to the car in a while so it needs a change to renew interest. Vehicle sales tax here is capped at $300 haha so that's not the issue, the issue is the yearly personal property tax which is 6% of the value they assess.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yes its listed for sale as I'm bored with it but I'm having a hard time finding its replacement with a 60k cap that I would be happy with power wise and condition wise. There are a few cars like the F10 M5 and RS7 but I really don't want to mess with those out of warranty. So thinking of replacing all the shocks or do coilovers and adding some wheels and refreshing some topend items to bring it back to life and change it up. Thoughts?

I gambled with VS Forged and it soured before I even got them so I sold them without even mounting. These speak to me and are a 2 piece design which I dig.

Wow, I love those wheels. I am in the same boat sometimes. I will start looking at panameras or gt-r's or something that caught my eye that week (p100d).
I always come back to reality before going much further with it. Had this car for 3 yrs now and don't see anything I would give it up for. I would like to add an semi-exotic - porsche or nsx or gt-r when I can afford one (and a lift in my garage to keep it on), but there's not much out there that I would give up my vagon for.
My solution was to buy some crazy colored wheels, and work on covering the chrome trim. I have some red wheels on the way (narrowly won out over a bright copper color).

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Charger Hellcat + Barth Tuning + those wheels - blew assembly bolts?
I likes em and would PC the calipers the same color for a little pizazz! Blue is my favorite color hence the user name on every forum I'm on lol.

Charger Hellcat would be the only car right now that makes sense but I wouldn't have the mod money if I went that route because I would want a new leftover 2017 and that would be at my budget cap of a few K more. Don't really want a 2015 abused model for 10k less in value that has 30-40k miles. I always buy used but for 10k on this platform I'd go new and take the 5k hit off the lot.

·
Registered
601 Posts
After 5 years with the V we just got into a cls550 on Tuesday.

V miles started getting up there, more and more rattles and what not, and boredom, had the platform so long just needed a change, thought about a refresh, but with the market falling out decided it was time.

Benz is a incredibly nice car, CPO, 4 year unlimited mile factory warranty, and RENNtech will take it to 540hp/705ftlb with a tune.

I’ll miss the V, but the Benz is filling the void nicely.

Reactions: MYV

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Do you need a 4 door car? For $60k you can get a 997TT which would be awesome.

For a 4 door there pretty much isnt another car I would want honestly.

Reactions: Blades1_99

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you need a 4 door car? For $60k you can get a 997TT which would be awesome.

For a 4 door there pretty much isnt another car I would want honestly.
Yes I have a 4 year old and a 10 month old that I pick up from daycare daily.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I totally like those wheels..

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I still really enjoy the car, I'm just bored with the drag pack look. It makes gobs of power and is reliable but never sees the track due to time and distance. I wouldn't be spending the retail in the set but I'm thinking of spending 5-6k on the car for wheels/tires and refreshing some items like shocks, valvetrain and some small cosmetic stuff vs selling it and buying a higher end money pit out of warranty that is way more expensive on the repairs side. I would love newer tech and its nice to look at but I am one that always seems to buy all the extras but never use the shit. Not sure if I'm weird or its the norm in that aspect. Kind of at a cross roads and do not want a car payment nor do I want to deplete the emergency funds much more than 20k for a newer vehicle.
I'm the same way with buying parts and barely using them then getting bored. I really enjoyed my drag pack for about a year. Last year, I got the car about as fast as I think it could have run without dumping more money into it and making it less streetable. But I realized I really didn't enjoy the car as much because I never wanted to drive it with the drag pack. So this year, I bolted my stock wheels back on and haven't looked back. I get way more enjoyment out of the car on the stock sized radial tires. I drive it to work for weeks at a time. It rides great, no traction control issues, tpms etc.

New wheels won't be the cure for the desire to mod the car, but neither will a new car. For me, I'm not sure I could replace my V with another car that would be a better fit. Well, maybe a V3, but that's still out of my price range.

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I like that color but wouldn't want to look at it every day. I'll keep my eyes open for used HC's but the ones I would spring for never seem to be much cheaper than new (10k off MSRP ones) and in a perfect world I wouldn't want an auction car. Yea I know I am picky and probably trying to source a unicorn, I always just search for a local trade in southern car that has avoided the northeast and midwest winter filth lol.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts