Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trunk open remains on yet the lid is closed, key fob and inside release works. Latch issue?

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
It senses the latch, not whether the lid is actually open. On my '14, if I "double pump" the trunk release (from outside), meaning I click it twice when opening it instead of just once like I should have, the latch "state" is now "open". The lid will be difficult to latch (but if you slam it hard enough it will latch), and the DIC will report trunk open even though it's not.

If the lid doesn't latch nice and easy when I attempt to close it, I click the release again while the lid is open, and then try and close it again and it always latches right up and the "trunk open" alert goes away...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My lid opens and closes fine with any release method. It's the open trunk message that just continues to display

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Check the wires in the black plastic and mesh between the body and the decklid. Common place for wiring to go bad. Had to fix a license plate light wire there.

·
Registered
199 Posts
yes, the mesh wiring loom causes the wires to break. remove the trim panel and then open up the mesh and solder and heat shrink. my wires to the release were both broken...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes, the mesh wiring loom causes the wires to break. remove the trim panel and then open up the mesh and solder and heat shrink. my wires to the release were both broken...
Does that go for the 2013 CTSV also?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts