Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think on Saturday I felt the clutch slip on a hard upshift from 2-3. It did it again on Sunday going 70mph and dropping into 4th. It could have been traction but I doubt it was that at my power level. I read around a bit and dont see many options out there for our cars. I saw a review on the centerforce but it seems they're still working the kinks out. Any suggestions? Im guessing the LS9 doesn't work due to the bolts.

http://www.centerforce.com/products...e-dyad-drive-system-twin-09-12-cadillac-cts-v

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wrong section, please move to 09+CTS-V transmission. Sorry

·
Super Moderator
3,948 Posts
I have this clutch and so far with the limited drive time after break in it very nice.
Holds and puts the power to the ground much better than stock.
Revs smoother, faster and boost spools quicker due to lightened flywheel.
Its beautifully built, too bad you never see it.
Pedal pressure is a little harder than stock but its loosening up.
A little noisy and a bit of chatter if you start from 2nd or 3rd.
And the same problem that all dual clutch's have is you can't shift power shift from 1st to 2nd at redline.
Need to give the discs a sec or two to stop spinning.
Planning on a full review once I get some seat time.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So you can't do the no lift shift from 1-2? Isn't the stock one dual disc as well? A second in between 1-2 is valuable time in the 1/4. I'm ok with minimal chatter if it means a good clutch.

·
Super Moderator
3,948 Posts
So you can't do the no lift shift from 1-2? Isn't the stock one dual disc as well? A second in between 1-2 is valuable time in the 1/4. I'm ok with minimal chatter if it means a good clutch.
I had the same issue with the stock clutch in that If you really wound it out hitting the rev limiter and tried a fast shift to 2nd it would not engage.
Never did a 1st to 2nd no lift shift, usually 3-4 but I don't think my no-lift is working anymore as it bounces of the rev limiter if I try.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I normally do 3-4 NLS as 1-2 is useless on street tires. Once you get a little more seat time let me know. I may look at this clutch you have. This one is good as long as I dont track it so I have a little bit of time to shop. I'm running less power than you as well :/ lol

·
I'm Your Pusher
11,320 Posts
Lmk if you want a price on it

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you able to be competitive with with what's on the their site? Ill probably pick one up after Christmas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts