Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

I had the dealership change the fluid in my transmission last week just for regular maintenance. After I picked the car up I drove it in the highway with no issues however when getting off at the exit, coming to a stop sign it felt like it had gone into neutral. I just assumed that the new fluid would need a little “breaking“ time and it would go away. I drove the car home later that day with no issues. For the first time since last week I took the car out today, when I slow down to make a right hand turn it felt like I went back into neutral again. I called the dealership and they are more than happy to take it in but keep asking if there were prior issues when there weren’t. They used 12 quarts and when I asked them to add the extra they declined. Any ideas what to expect?

Thanks

·
Registered
'14 Coupe
397 Posts
Just add an extra qt. Not that hard just need a jack +jack stands and a transfer pump+fluid.
They probably reset the adaptives on the trans and it will take like ~100 miles for it to re-learn. It will always act goofy for a little.
Just a guess thu.

Edit.
Will need flat tip screw driver or long nose pliers to get the cap off.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Just add an extra qt. Not that hard just need a jack +jack stands and a transfer pump+fluid.
They probably reset the adaptives on the trans and it will take like ~100 miles for it to re-learn. It will always act goofy for a little.
Just a guess thu.

Edit.
Will need flat tip screw driver or long nose pliers to get the cap off.
I use these 90* pliers and they work great getting the transmission fill plug off.

This is the pump that I use.

You can get both at autozone for less than $20

I did the trans adapt resets via hptuners scanner.

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan WDT
1,783 Posts
Howdy,

I had the dealership change the fluid in my transmission last week just for regular maintenance. After I picked the car up I drove it in the highway with no issues however when getting off at the exit, coming to a stop sign it felt like it had gone into neutral. I just assumed that the new fluid would need a little “breaking“ time and it would go away. I drove the car home later that day with no issues. For the first time since last week I took the car out today, when I slow down to make a right hand turn it felt like I went back into neutral again. I called the dealership and they are more than happy to take it in but keep asking if there were prior issues when there weren’t. They used 12 quarts and when I asked them to add the extra they declined. Any ideas what to expect?

Thanks
Have pat g tune your transmission.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Did they flush the transmission as well? I have seen transmissions fail shortly after flushing if they had not been previously serviced properly. If the fluid was not changed for a long time, flushing it stirs up debris and gets into the solenoids.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts