Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I have a 2019 V with 25,000 miles. Transmission shudder just showed up and I’ve already had the TSB performed. I get a nice rumble strip vibration when it’s cold out around 1400-1800 RPM under light throttle input. Dealer says it’s the torque converter and have ordered a replacement. I know there are a million threads about this but didn’t realize it would happen to a 19 with the TSB already performed. Does replacing the torque converter check? Drove with a mechanic friend and he said that’s what it feels like.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have an 18 that had the torque converter replaced and the shudder came back. Mine was at the dealer 3 times trying to fix this issue. This was back in late 18 early 19. The only thing that fixed it was when the TSB for the new fluid came out.

After they put that in its been good ever since, almost 16000 on the odometer now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an 18 that had the torque converter replaced and the shudder came back. Mine was at the dealer 3 times trying to fix this issue. This was back in late 18 early 19. The only thing that fixed it was when the TSB for the new fluid came out.

After they put that in its been good ever since, almost 16000 on the odometer now.
Thanks for the reply. That’s a little disconcerting as mine already had the fluid replaced…well new converter it is. Maybe they can reflush the fluid. I heard if that doesn’t fix it, it’s a complete transmission rebuild?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for the reply. That’s a little disconcerting as mine already had the fluid replaced…well new converter it is. Maybe they can reflush the fluid. I heard if that doesn’t fix it, it’s a complete transmission rebuild?
Make sure it had the latest fluid. There were TSBs out prior with a different fluid used. The latest is what solves it in many cases. If the tq. converter is too far gone, they will need to pull and replace it. Trans should be fine as is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Make sure it had the latest fluid. There were TSBs out prior with a different fluid used. The latest is what solves it in many cases. If the tq. converter is too far gone, they will need to pull and replace it. Trans should be fine as is.
Thanks. I'm going to see if they can do that. Had no idea there was a different fluid.

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Def want the mobil 1 fluid, if still having issues a transmission tune seems to fix the problems, I tuned my CTSV pretty much right when I got it and ive never felt any issues at all with the trans on my 2016 with my transmision tune in there

·
Registered
2017 Cadillac CTS-V
617 Posts
In the beginning GM was doing converters and valve bodies to rectify the issue, then they told dealers that if they DID replace them, the dealer would have to eat it. They went to the fluid change. But this 19 would've already had the new fluid, so maybe they WILL replace it because they believe the failure is of different origin.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts