Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need to find out what's wrong. I asked this a while back when the car was new and I was on stock tires. I now run Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3R in 305 on the rear and apparently still have the same issue. When I'm cruising on the freeway at around 80 mph and floor it, once the car downshifts it throws the rear out and TC goes nuts. These new tires are better than stock, but I'm still having issues hooking up at freeway speeds when go WOT if the car downshifts.

Maybe this is to be expected on stock tires, but is this normal with an R compound tire? This is bothering me because I'm having a hard time playing during high speed rolls.

Is the only solution to get in M mode, proper gear, and then squeeze the gas so as to not downshift?

·
2X 9 second club
11,148 Posts
your car is all stock?

im not sure at 80 mine will jump around, but certainly at 60 it will. the 8L90 does well on full power downshifts, but I would still tap the down shift paddle a couple of times if I was having a serious pull from a roll rather than having it go from 8th gear to probably 3rd or 4th.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah on a hard downshift your hitting those tires with a ton of torque all at once with very little weight transfer to the rear. Its gonna be hard to hook. Might want to check your alignment though. That might help if its out some.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys... Car is stock, but I'm beginning to think that it may be in part related to the section of the freeway where I see this happen most.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts