Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning Gents!

Stupid question but finally willing to ask it....had my V for about 7 months, dissembled the interior, put in catch can, changed exhaust, etc. In short, I am very familiar with a a wrench and the car BUT....still afraid to beat the shit out of it. My previous fast rides have been carb'd so this computer shit is new game.

How the hell do you drive it?

When trying to scare the shit out of my buddies, off the line, I get a bog after the ass end slips long enough, assuming it is T/C? Do you deactivate T/C for more thrilling rides?

Burnout? How?.....Like a coming out of the water box or standing burnout?

From a dig?, 45-70mph, do you downshift on the paddles or just mash it?

TIA!!!!

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Press the traction control on the steering wheel for 5+ seconds and the dash and DIC will light up saying nannies are off.

Always use the paddles (tap-tap method) to downshift under a full power shot.

To do smokey burnouts you will have to raise the brake torque limits in the tune otherwise timing will pull when you touch the brakes. I have a thread on this very subject in the "tuning" subsection.

As long as you have quality fuel, a solid tune and common sense these cars are tough as fucking nails. Smoke 'em at will and enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
2X 9 second club
11,148 Posts
Press the traction control on the steering wheel for 5+ seconds and the dash and DIC will light up saying nannies are off.

Always use the paddles (tap-tap method) to downshift under a full power shot.

To do smokey burnouts you will have to raise the brake torque limits in the tune otherwise timing will pull when you touch the brakes. I have a thread on this very subject in the "tuning" subsection.

As long as you have quality fuel, a solid tune and common sense these cars are tough as fucking nails. Smoke 'em at will and enjoy!

v3.....

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Oops!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Morning Gents!

Stupid question but finally willing to ask it....had my V for about 7 months, dissembled the interior, put in catch can, changed exhaust, etc. In short, I am very familiar with a a wrench and the car BUT....still afraid to beat the shit out of it. My previous fast rides have been carb'd so this computer shit is new game.

How the hell do you drive it?

When trying to scare the shit out of my buddies, off the line, I get a bog after the ass end slips long enough, assuming it is T/C? Do you deactivate T/C for more thrilling rides?

Burnout? How?.....Like a coming out of the water box or standing burnout?

From a dig?, 45-70mph, do you downshift on the paddles or just mash it?

TIA!!!!
put in TRACK then tap the TC button twice, put it in sport1 or 2 and have fun. it'll be more aggressive.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You lost me at "dissembled the interior". Do what?
Grew tired of the GM rattles, pulled all the door panels, seats, etc...installed 2 layers of sound mat.....made a huge difference in the rattles as well as the cabin sound....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts