Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in 2009 I bought my 09 CTS-v and put 101k miles on her doing everything from daily work car to track whore use. However I really never posted something I did that really helped that car keep its cool on the track. Well back in 2018 I traided my beloved V in on a 2018 mustang gt pp2. The mustang and the V had something in common. The rear ends would overheat and so I did the same thing to my mustang that I did to my V to cure the issue. So I made a video overview of the build. Yes it is a build of a diff cooler for a mustang, however it is the same as built for my V. Same pump and cooler, even most of the fittings are the same. So dont hate me for jumping ship and if this helps any of you guys that track your V's then that will make me happy.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Couldn't, if someone had a trunk ice tank and just modify the tank for cooling lines in the water and just use the pump to recirculate the ifferential fluid?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could. Most people get by with just wrapping the exhaust pipes that run close to the diff with header wrap. That wasn't enough for me.also as with my Mustang the problem was not the first run of the day but the 2nd, 3rd and so on. It is the heat soaking that takes place between sessions that causes the issue. If a ice tank can be kept cool enough between sessions then it may even work better because it actually chiëls the diff fluid as it passes thru the tubes. The more I think about it the more I like it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hahahha, I agree 100% but I can meet you half way and just take my shirt off... according to my woife I have a nice rack. hahahhha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts