Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WIth the C-19 winding down and things starting to get back to (somewhat) normal we are seeing racetracks starting to re-open. I have been approached by clients and sanctioning bodies for coaching oppy's and that is exciting as always. With each state having it's own guidelines I have decided that I will not be getting into clients cars until later this year but will do lead follow with advanced students only.

Have any of you guys been to the track yet and if so waht have been the protocols ?

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
June 20/21 with Track Daze.

1) No ride alongs
2) Lead follow only
3) No visitors allowed at the event period. ONLY DRIVERS

No idea what the drivers meetings are going to look like. I’m keeping my helmet on 24/7......Stig

Reactions: adam112

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good luck CVP. Appears to be the norm across the country. I bet is we called it a protest we would be OK.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
If walmart can have a few thousand shoppers per day walk through the self-checkout aisle with no disinfecting inbetween...

You'd think two people could sit in a car together after signing waivers for maiming, disability, death - or the KungFlu.

Just add it as a rider to the existing CYA stuff.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Tech’d tonight. All at the ‘shed’. Everyone in masks and gloves. Car check, helmet check, sticker + wristband = done. Drivers meeting tomorrow at 8am. Saw a C8 trailered in......hope he’s in black group. Should be a fun day if the rain holds off.

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
Hope you are having a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Good day, not great. 2:04 again in traffic after shaking out the cobwebs. My buddy’s 2018 Z06, blew up and caught fire. Never seen that before. It’s totalled. No pix out of respect. Tomorrow the weather should be even better. Maybe I can squeak out a 2:03.

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
Good day, not great. 2:04 again in traffic after shaking out the cobwebs. My buddy’s 2018 Z06, blew up and caught fire. Never seen that before. It’s totalled. No pix out of respect. Tomorrow the weather should be even better. Maybe I can squeak out a 2:03.
Hey I did that with my CTS-V at Road America but the fire went out when I stopped.

Hoping for a better today for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Best I could muster was a 2:05.16 in traffic. Black group was the largest group. Lots of fun but every lap that felt like a winner would end with a train down the front or back straight. Tough when good drivers in good cars run from 1:59 to 2:30’s.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
Have you considered running with your local NASA chapter? You could probably start in HPDE4 and move to Time Trial after vetting. At least out here we run in our own group, grid by lap times and always get 2-4 clean laps per session. All open passing anywhere on track.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I may have to rethink in that direction. Too many track days getting wasted by slower cars, and frankly folks that can’t see a bright orange Z06 bearing down on them.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1:59 to 2:30’s. You are better of going to the member days a a guest for open track, The isue with hpde's is advanced drivers have the spread you mentioned above along with different cars with different capabilites. FV is right about TT open track and limited exposure to other drivers. Win - win.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Watching the Mid Ohio Indy car race and the track looks familiar.

Have some of you guys been there and shared videos here?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts