Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been stalking Core and Creative Steel for over a YEAR for their short throws to come back in stock. They keep saying eventually and I am starting to think that means never...... Are there ANY other options for a V2 short-throw shifter?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Unfortunately not. It's such a niche market that it's not worth the R&D. Hopefully they start production again, I hate how sloppy the stock shifter is.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Creative is working on a new design. I just got an email today from them that it's close to production, they are just waiting on materials. Per Creative:

"The biggest design difference you will notice, is the new style will return to neutral. But for us the new style will be less labor intensive, no welding, and all parts will be made in house, so no out sourcing and relying on say laser parts.

Glad you liked the first style, we hope to knock this one out of the ball park too!"

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,924 Posts
Looking forward to the new design hopefully it is ready soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll sell you this Core Shifter for $10000.
Vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Hood Car

Reactions: Mystical

·
Premium Member
3,924 Posts
Reactions: HLine2013V

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,217 Posts
I'll sell you this Core Shifter for $10000. View attachment 150935
Harrummphhh!

I’LL sell my BRAND NEW IN BOX(!) Core shifter for a mere pittance more than that obviously worn out used unit!!
Only $10062.11 my fren, how you gonna beat a deal like that, hmmmm?

·
Premium Member
3,924 Posts
Get your cash in an envelope, I still have the stock knob.....the car does too.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Core is actually still selling the short shifter. Looks like they did a batch of 5. As of this morning 2 are left. I ordered one last week. Will be here today. Once creative comes out with there new version I will swap and sell core shifter.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Wasted no time installing mines. Took it for a spin. Definitely more notchy than the creative steel shifter. I'm sure it will loosen up. Probably won't switch it out. It's actually the perfect height.
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

·
Registered
903 Posts
How did the install go? Is it difficult?

Not at all. Once you remove the console, it's a 15 minute job. The most tedious part is getting the 4.bolts out from the base of the shifter. You'll know what I'm talking about when you get to it.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Wasted no time installing mines. Took it for a spin. Definitely more notchy than the creative steel shifter. I'm sure it will loosen up. Probably won't switch it out. It's actually the perfect height. View attachment 151059

That carbon in your steering wheel is growing on me.

Reactions: soulja

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I've known some wankers who can't get their knob off!

21 - 40 of 48 Posts