Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tired of the sloppy oem shifter. Looking into a short throw. Always used MGW on my other vehicles but unfortunately they don't offer anything for this application. Seems like options are Core or Creative Steel. Never heard from either company. What do you folks recommend? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
16,482 Posts
Both are good. I have the creative steel and it works well.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,227 Posts
In the next few weeks I hope to have a chance to install a Core shifter that awaits me at the house.
I’ll report on it when I’ve tried it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mystical

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
I love my Core shifter. It has a higher throw effort and solid gate engagement. Random complained a while back that his wrist didn't have the strength to operate the Core, which is why he went with CS.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well this may be an easy decision. Just checked Core’s website and their entire inventory is sold out. Please check back in June they say. Do not email asking when they will be available it will not be answered. Great customer service lol!!!

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,227 Posts
Well this may be an easy decision. Just checked Core’s website and their entire inventory is sold out. Please check back in June they say. Do not email asking when they will be available it will not be answered. Great customer service lol!!!

It’s that time of year, everyone gets the build bug and all the things sell out.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
I would say it is great customer service to let you know ahead of time you wont be hearing from them if asking a question that's been answered. Small businesses bend over backwards for their customers if they are even remotely doing well...to take it to excellence requires exhausting attention, and you cant expect them to waste time on the same old inquiries.

Core is the way to go IMHO...I just never liked all of the 'adjustment' in the creative steel piece that creates more room for loosening and slop. Also I believe the shifter base on the Core is more robust.

·
Premium Member
17,443 Posts
Keep in mind the short shifter market for V2’s are very small especially with 2 vendor options.

Both options have been available for at least 7-8 years. Just saying demand is nearly zero, so it would be risky to hold high inventory.

Made to order is the best option at this point.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Keep in mind the short shifter market for V2’s are very small especially with 2 vendor options.

Both options have been available for at least 7-8 years. Just saying demand is nearly zero, so it would be risky to hold high inventory.

Made to order is the best option at this point.

Good point. At least that’s what you’d think but having no inventory whatsoever makes me think twice. For such a niche market not sure how you can completely run out of your entire inventory and simply tell potential customers to check back in a few months.

·
Premium Member
17,443 Posts
Good point. At least that’s what you’d think but having no inventory whatsoever makes me think twice. For such a niche market not sure how you can completely run out of your entire inventory and simply tell potential customers to check back in a few months.

Imagine the flip side, this forum was begging Core to make us a V2 short throw shifter. It took over 2.5 years. But we were so happy core figured it out and offered us a great shifter.

Creative steel cam through a few months after core.

They sold a bunch and honestly they Probably moved on to other things.

I love my core with raceng shift knob.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I contacted MGW when I realized they don’t offer anything for the application and they flat out said that there is no market for it.

·
Premium Member
17,443 Posts
I contacted MGW when I realized they don’t offer anything for the application and they flat out said that there is no market for it.

Told ya

·
Registered
3,134 Posts

Manufacturing is still dealing with abnormal lead times as raw material availability has been choked and domestic machine shops are still carrying the load pulled back from overseas production in the wake of the Covid shut down.

As someone who designs and manufactures stuff for this platform (niche af...not to mention only targeting 6MT cars, they made less than 3000 of them for crying out loud) I can say stock outs will happen, and many times the small business is stuck waiting on their suppliers so they can jump back into serving the market.

I can guarantee all businesses hate losing business because they dont have parts, it sucks...but it happens since few of us are running a mill of our own, molding all the polymer components etc...

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I love my Core shifter. It has a higher throw effort and solid gate engagement. Random complained a while back that his wrist didn't have the strength to operate the Core, which is why he went with CS.
Random, being right handed, ought to have lots of strength in his right wrist.

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Random, being right handed, ought to have lots of strength in his right wrist.
.....unless......he prefers the GF.

Reactions: tinman

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a core. It really loosens up. In the beginning it required more force to shift, but it breaks in well.

Creative Steel does not currently offer any, but they said they will have a new version coming soon.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,227 Posts
I can't wait to get home from this trip and install mine!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts