Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this car about a year ago and I've been lurking, reading threads, and scouring the internet ever since. I've never owned a vehicle that I didn't modify, but this car has me paralyzed and paranoid at the same time haha. I've decided to go ahead and start a mild build for fun, and I think it'll be a good learning experience. There is usually no shortage of mistakes made on my part when I start working on stuff. I used to think I was pretty sharp and had at least a general idea about what I was doing, then I read Rubber Duck's posts.

I don't really have a specific power goal which is probably my first mistake. The car will be used for street/strip and I hope to go on a race week type of event eventually. I will be staying with the stock displacement but trying to maximize efficiency where I can.

So far I have purchased 2' headers with hi flow catted x pipe, ZL1 lid with reinforced brick, 7 gallon PNR trunk tank, CWA 400 pump, C&R hx, Creative Steel elimivibe motor mounts, NW 103 tb, and an ALM fuel hat with hydromat. I probably have some other odds and ends laying around.

I'm making decisions on cam packages, aux fuel pumps, injectors, 5" intakes and all the other stuff now.

Now to kick this off with some pics. I started taking the car apart and couldn't believe how dirty everything was behind the bumper. The car presents pretty clean otherwise.

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Hood Vehicle Automotive tire

I sent the headlights off to Big Tundra. Joe did great work. Installed some Vladi lenses while he was doing everything else.

Automotive parking light Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire

A pic of the headers and my worn out SC.

Synthetic rubber Athletic shoe Fashion accessory Metal Outdoor shoe
Rolling stock Motor vehicle Wheel Locomotive Track

I'll update as I order parts and start working on it more frequently.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Sounds like a great project! Are you going to add an upper pulley? These cars love e85 so if you have a station near you, it would be worth it to add that to the list. Flex fuel sensor and 1050xID injectors will do the trick. The DSX Aux is a great addition. Guys here really like the 4.5" DDP intake. Easy to tune compared to the RPM 5".

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a great project! Are you going to add an upper pulley? These cars love e85 so if you have a station near you, it would be worth it to add that to the list. Flex fuel sensor and 1050xID injectors will do the trick. The DSX Aux is a great addition. Guys here really like the 4.5" DDP intake. Easy to tune compared to the RPM 5".
Thanks! I'm in a situation where e85 isn't readily available to me. The closest station is probably 25 minutes out of the way for me most days. I'm definitely looking at the DSX Aux fuel system. It seems like a complete solution. I'll just tie it into the ALM hat instead of tapping the tank. I'll probably add some DW drop in pump replacements as well. It's funny you mentioned those two intakes as they are my top contenders. Like I said, totally predictable haha.

·
Registered
2011 thunder grey coupe a6 recaros.
1,079 Posts
You don’t need the dsx aux kit and dw300s, that’s a bit redundant. I’d do one or the other if it was me

Reactions: MrSurly
1 - 5 of 5 Posts