Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after I get my high mile v sorted out mechanically I decided to drop the hammer for an especially impressive burnout. I just pressed traction control 1 time and blazed the tires for about ten feet only to find my hptuners saying the tune pulled some 20+ degrees out. I did not log who the offending timing table was. then I repeated the process with timing commanders logged and the tc button held for 5+ seconds.." Surely this will result in gobs of smoke" nope torque mgt was still robbing timing. I haven't licensed this car yet. but most likely will this weekend. anybody dealt with this ? where should i put my focus in the editor?

·
Registered
124 Posts
the TM side is always active so it will more then likely be the cause, u can remove all of it if u are manual but if ur auto then u need to keep some specific tables in so the gearbox dosnt destroy itself, there is also a brake TM so if u touch the brake for a skid it will cut torque

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you guessed it I logged torque management type and found that it was indeed the trans, specifically "clutch control". I had a 4l80e on a turbo lq4 that would haze drag radials for miles. is this tranny delicate? doesn't the "90" in 6L90e indicate bad ass?

·
Registered
124 Posts
clutch control should be doing something as it needs to cut torque for shifts, log as many spark,fuel, ETC style cuts as u can to see whats working and when, u can do alot with the 6L90e as long as its all setup right as u can kill them if its wrong also, i havnt done much with the autos but there should be some here that know the limits in adjusting them to keep them alive

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if anyone cares heres a link to some hpt info

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So after looking at some logs these cars are fat, low timing down low , way too much timing up top and the trans gets the snit smacked out of it on shifts...all in favor?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts