Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have 2" headers, 3" H pipe, no cats and Corsa mufflers... I had my 17 year old son do a drive by and crack it... this has to be the loudest car I've ever heard on the street... it would rival a pure track car with sound.
Not sure if the 687whp has anything to do with it but damn!!

· Registered
4,438 Posts
So are you saying, by the title of the post, that it is "Too loud" and you don't like it? Or are you just saying it is "Too loud".

I have a friend with a similar set up, and I much prefer the stock sound.

· Registered
166 Posts
Post it. Mines 2" headers, 3" xpipe to the stock mufflers and to me mines too quiet unless im gettin on it even then it's too quiet for what it is but im assuming that's the insulation in the caddy

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

· Registered
28 Posts
I have had the same exact issue with my V. It's bad ass sounding, but super loud. I'm around 800 WHP, and it wakes the dead when I'm on it. Similar setup. I would like some stock mufflers, if I could find some. I would trade them for my stainless Corsas. Not sure if there's anyone in the St. Louis area with stock mufflers available, but let me know if so.

· Registered
2019 CTS Vsport
8 Posts
So I have 2" headers, 3" H pipe, no cats and Corsa mufflers... I had my 17 year old son do a drive by and crack it... this has to be the loudest car I've ever heard on the street... it would rival a pure track car with sound.
LOUD doesn't make for fast. Just look at Mustangs. Loud and slow.

· Premium Member
2009 A6, Thunder Gray
69 Posts
LOUD doesn't make for fast. Just look at Mustangs. Loud and slow.

Oh trust me I know . I like everything loud, and my beaters are definitely not fast. However, the V is fast AND loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
8 Posts
Sounds like a killer set up. But I don’t think anyone can really appreciate your issue without a video. My vette buddy always says without a video, it didn’t happen. You know the rules.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.