Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a buddy of mine was stock piling parts for his build but his dad is having medical issues so he is selling some stuff he had collected. He has a set of heads he got direct from mamo. Ported trick flows with all the upgraded springs, titanium retainers and stuff. He offered me a good deal too. My question is these heads need some good supporting mods to get the power out of them. I’m wondering if they are maybe too much for a daily driver. With out a ported supercharger and some good headers to go with them would they be worth spending the money on. Stock heads and an Lt1z cam seem to put down decent numbers for less money. If I was going all forged and ported supercharger it would be different. Just a cam and these heads is where I would be for now if I get them. As much as I want to get them I’m just not sure. Decisions decisions.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
So a buddy of mine was stock piling parts for his build but his dad is having medical issues so he is selling some stuff he had collected. He has a set of heads he got direct from mamo. Ported trick flows with all the upgraded springs, titanium retainers and stuff. He offered me a good deal too. My question is these heads need some good supporting mods to get the power out of them. I’m wondering if they are maybe too much for a daily driver. With out a ported supercharger and some good headers to go with them would they be worth spending the money on. Stock heads and an Lt1z cam seem to put down decent numbers for less money. If I was going all forged and ported supercharger it would be different. Just a cam and these heads is where I would be for now if I get them. As much as I want to get them I’m just not sure. Decisions decisions.
I run Mamo TFS255s and really like the power. Only problem with Trick Flows are weak threads for rockers. I would insert them before installing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ronss63

·
Premium Member
15,017 Posts
Just the heads and a proper cam would do wonders. The heads / cam will be the best thing you can do to make power. Little things like pulley changes will help.

Now ported LSAs are still good - but the Mamos will be better in every way.

Factor in new lifters, etc if not included with the package.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys. I’m picking them up this weekend. Still need headers and a cam from Lt1z. Are Johnson lifters a good choice? He has a set of those too.

·
Vendor
12,965 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. I’m picking them up this weekend. Still need headers and a cam from Lt1z. Are Johnson lifters a good choice? He has a set of those too.
Johnson lifters are good but if these are the short travel link bars be aware that you will need to take very accurate pushrod measurements because they have a small preload window.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Ron, let me know when you plan the install. I wanna supervise and drink beer. :D

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
My 255's done by Tony have been excellent. I'm at 40k on the clock and zero issues. I guess I'm due to have the springs done and wondering how to make sure that Tony's excellent setup is maintained.

TF heads are generally optimized for higher lift cams. So they do well especially if you are going with a .600 lift or higher setup. At least that's what I seem to recall hearing in various quotes and interviews with TFS engineers.

Overall - they seem to be a good balance. There ARE better heads out there but the costs go up fast.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Love my mamo TFS as well, have matts stage 3 cam and together they work great. Went with johnson 2110s for lifters when i did the head swap

1 - 10 of 10 Posts