Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, hit the button to slide the roof back and it goes automatically about 85% back then stops. Have to hold it to go the rest of the way. WTF? Anyone else notice this? Designed this way or just my roof?

Not a huge deal I suppose, just been meaning to ask for a while.

·
I'm Your Pusher
11,320 Posts
even my last gen did that, also erks me that if I roll the rear windows up while the roof is closing it'll kick back open. My last gen also did that

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
It's designed to open that far because of wind buffeting or interior noise, after that far of opening they determined that noise and buffeting would occur as the deflector can't operate or keep the airflow out of the car I believe.

·
I'm Your Pusher
11,320 Posts
It's designed to open that far because of wind buffeting or interior noise, after that far of opening they determined that noise and buffeting would occur as the deflector can't operate or keep the airflow out of the car I believe.

Is that Jimmy? lol ;)

That thing is loud as hell open or tilted IMO

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well I understand why they did the sunroof 85% back thingy but if you reach up and grab the wind deflector n pull it down it gets 10 times quieter!? Retardation!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right ... I suppose those teams of Honda, Toyota, Mercedes et. al engineers just figured to design the pop up deflector or roof size differently then I guess ;-)

·
Registered
48 Posts
even my last gen did that, also erks me that if I roll the rear windows up while the roof is closing it'll kick back open. My last gen also did that
Mine doesn't have the issue where it kicks the sunroof back open if you are rolling up the rear windows. It does do the 85% thing, however.

·
Super Moderator
3,948 Posts
GM engineer to product manager " hey we have a big problem when you open the roof all the way it gets really loud and windy in the car, at around 85% it's ok"
Product manager " oh that's great news we now have a three position sunroof"

Yah I love that feature..

Also is there any fix for the stupid entry/exit system?
When you turn off the car the wheel and seat move out of the way-good.
When you unlock the car manually or automatic it moves back to the memory position-bad
Should only move back when you turn the ignition like every other car in the world.

·
Super Moderator
8,635 Posts
I have the same issue with it kicking back open when i'm rolling up my rear windows too. Strange...

·
I'm Your Pusher
11,320 Posts
How's that plastidip doin? Still holding up?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Right ... I suppose those teams of Honda, Toyota, Mercedes et. al engineers just figured to design the pop up deflector or roof size differently then I guess ;-)
I have two toyotas in the household including a limited highlander and both sunroofs are the same way. Open to a point then you have to open it further. It's due to wind noise.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts