Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm in another dilemma, it seems the only car I would sell this V2 for would be a Hellcat Charger but don't really want to dump 55k+ on a car right now. I listed the car FS here with the Forgestars and got no bites and a few bites on Facebook from guys trying to finance the full amount, sigh.....

So I bought these BC Forged wheels to spruce up the street car look and give it some pizazz. I love the look but now the suspension needs addressing. I've noticed a decline in the ride quality over the past few months but its went to complete shit over the last couple weeks so I know the front and rear shocks are DONE! 52k mile original suspension and been on Eibachs for about 12k miles.

So do I spend $1100-1200 on replacing all the shocks and sticking with Eibachs or do I shell out approx $2400ish for KW's with the mag ride deletes (not KW's overpriced modules)?

The car is a daily driver work and daycare hauler and will never see the road course or anything like that. It's just a hard parked daycare machine that makes way too much power for a street radial tire. Yes its dirty as hell because pollen is a complete bitch right now in NC/SC.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,392 Posts
In your situation I'd do KW's. I'd also consider replacing the bushings while you're there.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
As much as I can’t stand Dodge I have to admit I was looking around AutoTrader today to see if there were any Charger Hellcats near me for sale. Didn’t find any I thought were worth the asking price. Challengers however are a dime a dozen and almost laughable how much they’ve crashed in price. Then I hop on YouTube to kill some time and it’s nothing but vid after vid of the Demons getting their asses handed to them by just about everything under the sun. Made me get mad at myself for even considering getting rid of the V

I do like your wheels

·
Premium Member
6,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As much as I can’t stand Dodge I have to admit I was looking around AutoTrader today to see if there were any Charger Hellcats near me for sale. Didn’t find any I thought were worth the asking price. Challengers however are a dime a dozen and almost laughable how much they’ve crashed in price. Then I hop on YouTube to kill some time and it’s nothing but vid after vid of the Demons getting their asses handed to them by just about everything under the sun. Made me get mad at myself for even considering getting rid of the V

I do like your wheels
If you aren't a corner carver then the Hellcat really is hard to beat for a full size sedan. Demons are trapping mid 130's in street trim without launch control activated and full interior so I wouldn't call that a bust. It's the new fad people racing stock Demons with highly modded cars just to say they beat a Demon. Have you driven a Hellcat? Other than being huge they are fun ass cars and run as good as most FBO V2's run but 100% stock, hard to beat for the money. I had a buyers order for a 2016 brand new never titled Charger for $52,800 but I really didn't want black again for a DD so I passed. You can get new 2017's now for 57-59k if you don't mind traveling.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
If you aren't a corner carver then the Hellcat really is hard to beat for a full size sedan. Demons are trapping mid 130's in street trim without launch control activated and full interior so I wouldn't call that a bust. It's the new fad people racing stock Demons with highly modded cars just to say they beat a Demon. Have you driven a Hellcat? Other than being huge they are fun ass cars and run as good as most FBO V2's run but 100% stock, hard to beat for the money. I had a buyers order for a 2016 brand new never titled Charger for $52,800 but I really didn't want black again for a DD so I passed. You can get new 2017's now for 57-59k if you don't mind traveling.
Haven't driven one but Ive ridden in a couple. They are a hoot no doubt. I'm with you as in the Charger would be the only car I would consider swapping the V for unless a V3 in good shape drops into the $50k range sometime soon then that would be a lock. I think those prices for a V3 are still a couple years away though. A new Charger for $52,800 I'd probably jump on that deal no matter the color.

Not sure how hopped up the cars spanking the Demons actually were. From what I can gather the Demon sucks ass from a roll. Quite a few videos of stock ZL1's and Z06's walking them. Another thing I cant figure out is supposedly theyre only building 3000 of them yet I'm seeing them everywhere here in Dallas. Cars and Coffee a couple of weeks ago I saw 4 of them. A guy in the subdivision across from me has one. Ive seen more Demons in the last month then Ive seen Hellcats which seems odd to me.

Either way I agree for the money the Hellcat is a great deal. Like I said I'm not a Dodge fan at all but I certainly wouldn't rule one out if I ever get tired of the V.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts