Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 bone stock with all the badges, I have de-badged previous cars ( not cadillacs) but would like to hear opinions on looks and possible resale ? Some people like it and some people like it original. I personally hate the badges because of wax and moisture traps.

·
Premium Member
2009 Sedan
452 Posts
I think it ALWAYS looks better. Unless you remove them and there are holes. It seems the trunk badges might have holes?

·
Super Moderator
21,497 Posts
Really? Worried about badges? It’s your car, who cares what others who you don’t know thinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
238 Posts
I like the badges, not like someone gonna mistake it for a sleeper anyway lol. Plenty of color ways for badge overlays to chose from also.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If I’m being honest the first thing I always think when I see a debadged car is. Ghetto. Sorry just being honest. I honestly hate that look. What exactly is the appeal? Does it make you feel like yours is a one off? Does it make you feel like no one will know what it really is and thus that makes it special? Seriously what is the appeal?

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
If I’m being honest the first thing I always think when I see a debadged car is. Ghetto. Sorry just being honest. I honestly hate that look. What exactly is the appeal? Does it make you feel like yours is a one off? Does it make you feel like no one will know what it really is and thus that makes it special? Seriously what is the appeal?
I've got to second that the "debadged" about the appeal?

Does someone think that it makes them a sleeper?

Also the adhesives they use to attach the badges don't collect water the way a decal can.

Reactions: Omgctsv

·
Premium Member
2009 Sedan
452 Posts
We had a Trailblazer SS that we sold to a Chevy dealership and the salesman we dealt with was pissed off that it didn't have SS badges on it. He said "How is anyone supposed to know it's an SS?". 😕

·
Registered
84 Posts
We had a Trailblazer SS that we sold to a Chevy dealership and the salesman we dealt with was pissed off that it didn't have SS badges on it. He said "How is anyone supposed to know it's an SS?". 😕
Ya when you trade a carin they really want it stock. Yes even down to the badges. They don’t want any potential buyer to think some young kid owned the car and abused it etc. Just one of the reasons.

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
The first thing I did when I got my Hellcat was take the Hellcat badges off. I require zero attention from both John Q Public and LEO's.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
The first thing I did when I got my Hellcat was take the Hellcat badges off. I require zero attention from both John Q Public and LEO's.
Does the Durango HC have other identifiable clues like a V does over the base models?

Coupe Vs have different exhaust tips...besides the hood grill.

Funny story.

Next to the place I took my Dually for service, I saw a Sedan V and I talked to the lady who drives it. She remarked about it being supercharged...blah blah. When I said I had one, she got quiet and walked into the business. I looked in driver window and saw it wasn't a V steering wheel.

Most of debadged cars I have seen are base models posing as debadged more expensive models.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I think some stuff looks good with less badges... Like I took the ram 2500 stuff off my truck and left the Cummins c on the fender, and took the stupid heavy duty badge off the tailgate.

V badges are already simple and clean, I do like the newer style grill and trunk badges on the v2s, and on a black car going for the "murdered out" look it's tough to pull off without removing or getting black badges like I did.

I don't like the badgeless mesh grills at all, you can't take the trunk badge off without leaving holes, and the v badges arent worth thinking about removing.

·
Premium Member
3,836 Posts
Next to the place I took my Dually for service, I saw a Sedan V and I talked to the lady who drives it. She remarked about it being supercharged...blah blah. When I said I had one, she got quiet and walked into the business. I looked in driver window and saw it wasn't a V steering wheel.

Most of debadged cars I have seen are base models posing as debadged more expensive models.
This is exactly what I think when I see a debadged Merc or BMW. These people put on AMG or M wheels and think they're fooling everyone....meanwhile, it's a base C-class or 330i.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I've debadged every car I've owned to some extent. I hated the V badges on the doors as they looked out of place, so I bailed those and the CTS badge on the trunk day one. I would have removed the Caddy badge on the trunk if it wasn't for the holes. I left the V badge on the trunk as it was the only one that looked okay to me. If I ever decide to fill the holes under the Caddy and respray the trunk, I'll bail the V badge there too. Cars look cleaner without Vatozone shit stuck all over them, which is only one step below OE.

To me badges scream "look at me, I'm a [insert upscale trim here]. I'm more expensive than you." These days trucks are so proud to be x, y, or z that it is now stamped into the sheet metal. Not my style, but of course to each their own.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
I debadged the "ATS" off of my ATS-V. All I have left on the trunk is the "V" emblem. The "ATS" was on the left side, the V emblem on the right. I mean, who wants to be caught driving an ATS? Meanwhile my CTS-V is virgin, whatever a virgin is.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts