Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
I'll add, if you care about how loud your tires are. The Michelin PS4S is just going to be your best all around tire. It's going to be quieter and last longer than stuff like the Bridgestones. Lower dry traction with similar wet traction. A more 3 season daily driver type of tire versus the Bridgestones that are a 200TW competition tire for auto x and the ultimate street car events, etc. Lots of events have settled on 200 TW being the limit for what they allow and that's what those tires are designed for.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went from Bridgestone RE11 to RE71R. The RE71R is out of production though. The replacement is the RE71RS. You can still get them in workable sizes for our cars. Great dry traction and still good in the rain. Tire rack actually just did their 200 TW tire test and the RS was the best of the group in the wet. The 11 and the R were good in the wet too. Had an auto X on the 11s in the rain and a track session on the Rs in the rain. That said, I think my next tires are going to be the Falken RT660s but we'll see what the landscape looks like when I'm ready to buy in the spring.
Not sure if you drive the car in the wet, Cup tires are BAD in the wet. Outstanding dry traction, but they're going to wear like a drag radial.
Interested as to your preference : RE71R or 71RS ?

·
Registered
2018 CTS-V
179 Posts
I love the smell of fresh michelins combined with a smoking debit card. View attachment 160283
You spelled CREDIT card wrong hahahah. At these prices I need to rent to own. I just bought two rears and I'm going to let the front wear down a little more before I'm ready to spend another 800 bucks.

·
Registered
139 Posts
How about an actual daily driver recommendation that looks good and handles well? I have been spending $3-4 hundred per tire on a car that has never actually seen the track, why am I spending this kind of money for performance I will never take advantage of?

·
Registered
2018 CTS-V
179 Posts
How about an actual daily driver recommendation that looks good and handles well? I have been spending $3-4 hundred per tire on a car that has never actually seen the track, why am I spending this kind of money for performance I will never take advantage of?
Well I mean this car needs Z rated tires either way so nothing cheap out there. I briefly considered performance all season tires, but since winters are mild in Texas I went with summer for better traction.

·
Registered
183 Posts
When i bought my 2013, sedan, 6-speed, several tears ago it had just came off a 2 year lease. They had just put pilot all season tires on it. I wasn't too happy about the all season tires since I live in Florida. When the tires were worn down enough for me to justify replacing them I put on Cont. Extreme contact summer tires. I am very happy with them. I wanted to go with the Pilot 4S but at the time they didn't come in the right size for the sedan.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts