Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Most seem to run Michelin tires. I could not get them at Discount tire so I went with Pirelli P Zero the last two times. Continental is a good tire so you would not go wrong with them. I bought my 2013 CTS V Sedan used and it came with new tires called Win Run. Crazy Chinese tires and it was so embarrassing when people saw the tires. Used them up in short order and got General G tires as a replacement. These are made by Continental so they worked well. Seems like I go through a set of tires every ten thousand miles...

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
General consensus on those tires is that they're good, but you lose the sporty ride and handling when you go to them. A/S4 are the go-to for good handling in an all season tire.

·
Premium Member
2011 CTSV Coupe M BLK LSX376-B15
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
General consensus on those tires is that they're good, but you lose the sporty ride and handling when you go to them. A/S4 are the go-to for good handling in an all season tire.
Thanks for the info, I'll check them out. I have the summer Cont. sports, need to get another set for everyday.

·
Registered
2013 CTS V2
53 Posts
I bought about a month 1/2 ago, even when the road has some left over rain, they don't spin much. I have the front end scrub noise now, but like my body the cold does not help each of us. The Michelin were wore out, these were available in two days.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have a couple weeks on the DWS06 +. Definite improvement but I’m comparing to worn 1/32” summer tires on cold road. Not really a fair ABA comparison. They do grab the cold road better than any summer use tires I’ve had previously.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It's anecdotal, I know, I can't prove it AND it was on a different car (2006 Acura TL).

But I bought a set of these and a three year alignment for an extra $80 or so with installation. Every 5000 mi when I took the car in for rotate and balance, I had them put it on the alignment rack to make sure there was nothing worn or loose. I got 60K mi out of the set of tires.

Bought a second set for that car before it died and put a set on my 2011 CTS4.

I like 'em well enough, I guess

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
It's anecdotal, I know, I can't prove it AND it was on a different car (2006 Acura TL).

But I bought a set of these and a three year alignment for an extra $80 or so with installation. Every 5000 mi when I took the car in for rotate and balance, I had them put it on the alignment rack to make sure there was nothing worn or loose. I got 60K mi out of the set of tires.

Bought a second set for that car before it died and put a set on my 2011 CTS4.

I like 'em well enough, I guess
Rotation?

·
Registered
25 Posts
this is my go to tire for daily rides, used these on a handful of cars over the past 10 years or so, ive got them on my daily right now.
cant comment on the snow but plenty of rain down here (south florida).
they ride smooth, quiet and stay balanced. i get 40k out of them easily with rotations no where near on time. they usually get swapped after a couple plugs/patches (job sites) with some usable tread still on them, whenever its convenient, rebates close to end of life, etc. great tire

dont know how itll do on a ctsv though

·
Premium Member
2011 CTSV Coupe M BLK LSX376-B15
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Make SURE you buy "all weather". their micro groove grip is so effective that in wet or rain you have giant rooster tails behind you as the tire shreds the water.
I never knew there was a difference between 'all season' and 'all weather' learn something new today! ;) yep, gotta stay safe on the road for sure!!!

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Make SURE you buy "all weather". their micro groove grip is so effective that in wet or rain you have giant rooster tails behind you as the tire shreds the water.
Didn't find 325 for 19

1 - 20 of 21 Posts