Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I'm Your Pusher
11,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried to give these assholes a second chance and they still suck. After screwing up a $1200 rim, waiting a week before shipping it off to get fixed and ultimately causing me to drive around on one stock rim for a month, I come in to get the wheel put on and the nice guy I'd been dealing with was off. The old asshole manager that lost the sale of my tires a month prior because he wouldn't match Bob Sumerel's lower price was there. So, I show him the bump stop trim mod to help the lowering spring clunk sound on larger bumps and these guys on the net said it could be done in an hour. He looks it up and says it "calls for" 2.2 hours. I said, you obviously bill by the job and not the hour? He says yes. I said will you at least just do it for 2 even? He says no, 2.2 we're in business to make money. A this point I went off on him in front of a crowd. I said you screw up my wheel, tried to not even tell me about it, let it sit around a week before you ship it out, I'm without it for a month, still charged me for the "service I received that day" and I try to give you assholes another chance and you're going to try to stick me for .2 hours? I said this place is ridiculous. Bob Sumerel has much better prices and a more courteous and business savvy staff, I have no clue why the hell I even bothered to come here. Your corporate will be hearing about this. Get my fucking car done so I can get the hell out of here!

That place is not worth stepping foot in. Lots of potential with the new equip and nice facility but run by an asshole that can't figure out how giving me a small break could've led to a lot more business after making a huge mistake in the first place.

·
I'm Your Pusher
11,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forest through the trees FOREST!

·
I'm Your Pusher
11,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See how letter to customer service goes:

I'd like to share my story with you about the deplorable experience I had with TD Performance in Forest Park. First off months ago, I called that shop and you had a chance to get an $1800 sale on Michelin Super Sport tires and the old guy who is shockingly the Manager there wouldn't budge on the price to match Bob Sumerel as he said they're in business to make money. First of all, you don't tell the customer of your greed. I have nearly 300 employees and thousands of leased employees in OH and 4 different business and my customer or potential customer I want to EARN their business. - Strike 1!

I end up getting a nail in a $500 tire after only 500 miles so I was on that side of town and stopped in to see if they had one close by because Bob Sumerel would take 2 days. Yes the same guy again wouldn't budge on the price of the tire wanting $50 more if I recall. So again I take my business to Bob Sumerel and get the tire replaced. - Strike 2!

That tire rim was leaking air, the rims were $6,000 and a 3pc custom wheel and I wondered if the seam was leaking so AGAIN I was near TDP and stopped by there to have them take a look at it because I wanted nitrogen in all 4 tires and my usual Bob Sumerel shop didn't have nitrogen. So, you guys pulled the rim off, bead sealed the rim, put it back on, put nitrogen in all 4 tires, and took a look at my exhaust as I just has a racing exhaust put on and it was rubbing underneath. I come to pick up the car and always carefully inspect my car and the face of my rim was scuffed up in multiple spots. I couldn't believe my eyes. These rims took 8 weeks to order in and I'd had them on the car for 2 weeks. So, I go in and point out the problem and the first guy says it looks like they were already scuffed. Great answer to the customer by the way. I immediately point out that the rims are filthy because it had been raining and the white powdercoat that was fresh was still clean from where the gloss gunmetal finish had been scraped off of it. I understood accidents happen and I was more than understanding. I wouldn't expect anyone to lose their job over it, but to point it out and make sure they understand what they did wrong so it isn't repeated. But my favorite part was that you still made me pay the $145 for the service that was done... yes that's right I paid $145 to have you screw my rim up. - Strike 3!

Dave Johnson, who is the only decent employee you have working inside that place was the only employee who was helpful from start to finish with me. I had to bring my stock wheel in and you guys swapped it out on a Friday. Come to find out when I'd been asking for a tracking number that your corp in Sharonville didn't send the damn wheel out for 7 days?!!!! - strike 4!!!

So, I waited for 8 weeks for these rims, had them on for 2, and then your company screws one up and I had to wait another 3 weeks to get it back on... oh but wait... there's more! So, unfortunately when I went in to get my wheel back on, Dave Johnson wasn't in but my favorite old greedy manager was in. I must be a glutton for punishment because I needed something looked at on the front suspension and figured that since it was going to be up in the air, maybe I'd try to give you my business one last time. What I wanted done was quoted by the TSB as being under 1 hour. The "manager" looks it up and says that would bill out at 2.2 hours. I asked so you go by job rate not hourly correct? He said yes. I asked... make me a deal and if you call it 2 hours even we can go ahead and do it. My jaw dropped when he said nope 2.2 hours, we're in business to make a profit. AGAIN?! Really, you screw up my rim, I've wasted hours of my time driving back and fourth to you from northern KY, and I TRY to give you my business again and this guy isn't willing to shave off $17?!!!! and my favorite part was after coming down off of the lift, the exhaust was rubbing again after it had been quiet since I took it somewhere else to get fixed and that had been over a month ago. - the last Strike...

That is seriously it... I am done with your company forever. That guy can't see the forest through the trees and someone that tells customers he only cares about making money off of them shouldn't be in business at all. That is unbelievable. As far as I'm concerned, not only did you cause me inconvenience, I should bill you my "job rate" since I've wasted countless hours with this... with this mentality, I have no idea how your company has grown to the size it is. I am pretty outgoing in the aftermarket car scene as I even have a new little company involved with that, but you can rest assured that I share my story to anyone that needs to know. I already steered my cousin away from your shop when he was looking at doing a lift kit and bigger wheels/tires on his truck with my story. He went to Spade Kreations instead.

Good luck "being in business to make a profit"...

·
WhO mE?
1,671 Posts
I think you should have been a little more specific. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Wow man that is very bad businees from them. But why would you keep going back after the second incident?

·
I'm Your Pusher
11,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The place is spotless and is a nice shop with nice equipment, I thought maybe they were just assholes about price match, until that point I hadn't gotten bad service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts