Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 V just hit 40k miles. Still has some life but I would like to do the rotors and pads now while Im not busy away at work. What do you guys recommend? I casually drive car and sometimes beat on it doing some rolls and maybe 3 or 4 times a year of 1/4 mile hits at local track. Nothing crazy. Links would be appreciated thank you!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I went with R1s on mine. They have good deals on 4 rotors plus pads, and I believe they are a vendor here.
Watch out for rear caliper bolts, they are on there really snug and like to round off.
Make sure you have a brass or metal punch as well, to take the pads out, and a caliper compressor thingy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went with R1s on mine. They have good deals on 4 rotors plus pads, and I believe they are a vendor here.
Watch out for rear caliper bolts, they are on there really snug and like to round off.
Make sure you have a brass or metal punch as well, to take the pads out, and a caliper compressor thingy.
They seem pretty legit. What type of rotors did you go with? the slotted were about $40 more for set so not sure if worth it. Most likely would just get regular oem style.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I got the Geomet drilled and slotted. Mainly for looks really.
I would check in their section and/or ask them if they have any deals going on atm.
Used them on my other 2 cars as well, and had no issues at all.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I recently replaced all four rotors/pads with R1 as well on my 2011. Went with the e-line drilled/slotted rotor's, optimum pads and hardware kit for a total cost of $463.28.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just did front rotors and pads on my 2010 "V" and it was an adventure for sure. First the GM dealer quoted me $1010CDN per rotor and close to same for pads. I said "F&%K NO!" and decided to source them on my own. So I ordered them through my local mechanic, and received the wrong parts. Too small! I soon found that everywhere I looked for these brakes, I could only find 12.5" and 13.5" rotors for the regular CTS models, not the required 14.5" rotors. Many parts dealers had the smaller sizes listed as CTS-V brakes, as well. I finally found the right size rotors (14.5"/370mm) on a parts website called carid.com out of NJ. They had several different options for pads, rotors, and complete packages, they were reasonably priced, and shipped to Western Canada within 2 weeks. I would highly recommend them.

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
Whta did you end up paying in total to your door? What are the part #'s?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I just did front rotors and pads on my 2010 "V" and it was an adventure for sure. First the GM dealer quoted me $1010CDN per rotor and close to same for pads. I said "F&%K NO!" and decided to source them on my own. So I ordered them through my local mechanic, and received the wrong parts. Too small! I soon found that everywhere I looked for these brakes, I could only find 12.5" and 13.5" rotors for the regular CTS models, not the required 14.5" rotors. Many parts dealers had the smaller sizes listed as CTS-V brakes, as well. I finally found the right size rotors (14.5"/370mm) on a parts website called carid.com out of NJ. They had several different options for pads, rotors, and complete packages, they were reasonably priced, and shipped to Western Canada within 2 weeks. I would highly recommend them.
Why did you go through all that when you could have researched here and found R1 or the other, which right now I can't recall the name, and been done?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Here is what I did.

·
Registered
642 Posts
For the rotors I'll let your wallet decide. Just know that OEM is a 2-piece rotor and the R1's are 1-piece. One piece is cheaper but slightly heavier. Personally I wouldn't consider the extra weight a deal breaker.

For pads I use Hawk ceramic brake pads. Best investment I made. My wheels stay clean and are almost dust free. Back when I had the OEM pads I was spending almost as much time cleaning the dust off the wheels as I was washing the rest of the car. They don't have the same bite that the OEM pads have but for the driving you described you'll be just fine. The only folks that will miss the extra bite will be the road racing crowd, not the straight line crowd.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts