Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 CTSV Coupe M BLK LSX376-B15
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
That illustration above has been buggin me so much because it ain’t right… and neither is the “barely engages the pilot” something is being misunderstood. However, I’ve been waiting until I got to the proper place in my own build so that I could compare notes.

Below are measurements taken directly from my build as I finally got to the point of pulling the engine off the stand…
the input shaft is NOT giving the crankshaft “just the tip”, it’s IN there.

Now, I could’ve driven the input bearing ‘fully home’ and that would have made a small difference (.180?) but it would not have moved ahead of the shaft.
Maybe the trans being supplied matches that drawing, but I hope not.

below is how mine fits up, stock 2011 CTS-V TR6060 and the LSX block with a Brodix crank.
~Forgive my hasty sketching~
View attachment 161489
View attachment 161488
View attachment 161491
View attachment 161490 View attachment 161492
I hope you're not still "bugged out?" You are correct, my calculations were wrong. I went back and corrected my math. The input shaft completely penetrates the 1/2" thick pilot bearing and extends out 0.30".

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
3,051 Posts
I hope you're not still "bugged out?" You are correct, my calculations were wrong. I went back and corrected my math. The input shaft completely penetrates the 1/2" thick pilot bearing and extends out 0.30".
Thanks for the follow-up.
I felt like I knew what you’d find, but weird stuff DOES happen….and I HAVE been wondering!
Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
2011 CTSV Coupe M BLK LSX376-B15
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Thanks for the follow-up.
I felt like I knew what you’d find, but weird stuff DOES happen….and I HAVE been wondering!
Thanks for the info.
You deserved a response, it's courteous and polite. I view this site similar to a professional journal reviewed by peers. If I am wrong I need to know! ;)

41 - 43 of 43 Posts