Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any tips on getting the upper shock nut to tighten ??? Just replaced both shocks but gets to a point and it spins.

·
Premium Member
17,429 Posts
Impact gun is what most of us use.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lock nut still spun the rod. Used non lock nut with Loctite and torqued to 18 ft-lbs. No issues.

Reactions: loweredd

·
Premium Member
2009 Sedan
1,363 Posts
Rectangle Font Fashion accessory Musical instrument accessory Metal

Lisle makes THIS tool. Although I haven't looked at a V front shock. I tried to see a close picture on RockAuto, but it wasn't good enough.

The little socket fits the shock stem, and the larger socket fits the nut.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
View attachment 154657

Lisle makes THIS tool. Although I haven't looked at a V front shock. I tried to see a close picture on RockAuto, but it wasn't good enough.

The little socket fits the shock stem, and the larger socket fits the nut.
Thanks. I'll keep this in mind

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
chrome thin wall socket or remove vinyl from wheel socket and get it with a 3/8 impact . KISS

Reactions: g8r-V

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
chrome thin wall socket or remove vinyl from wheel socket and get it with a 3/8 impact . KISS
Yep. I discovered you need a long thin wall socket to make this work. Also , I HATE those little screws that hold the rotor in place while you reconnect the caliper !!! lol

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Turn the wheels hard over to the side of the shock and lower the car so it has some weight on the shock, Then hit it with the impact.

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
I bought this tool and used a 7mm open end wrench to keep it from spinning.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.