Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m getting a ticking noise after the oil change only in cold start but when the car is in normal temperature theirs no noise

·
Registered
868 Posts
Is the car new to you? Just wondering if it was a change in oil or filter considering it did it right after a change.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the car with 82k miles and never did an oil change until now 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Premium Member
3,840 Posts
Come on!+23k on an oil change?

Reactions: JoJo_Slug

·
Registered
868 Posts
Holy shit lol, castrol living on the edge is more like it. Likely of the oil was super dirty that the new oil and detergent cleaned some stuff up. If it's only been doing it a few days I'd say check the oil level and see if it clears up in a little while. What filter did you use out of curiosity?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Holy shit lol, castrol living on the edge is more like it. Likely of the oil was super dirty that the new oil and detergent cleaned some stuff up. If it's only been doing it a few days I'd say check the oil level and see if it clears up in a little while. What filter did you use out of curiosity?
Yeah it’s only been like 4 days ticking but haven’t used it much just go to the store and back and only does it at cold start

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
K&N filter

·
Registered
868 Posts
I'd take it on a highway run and change the oil again to make up for your negligence lmao. Maybe try something besides castrol. I've heard penzoil ultra platinum is the new oil everyone is arguing about.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd take it on a highway run and change the oil again to make up for your negligence lmao. Maybe try something besides castrol. I've heard penzoil ultra platinum is the new oil everyone is arguing about.
Arguing about it being bad or good

·
Registered
868 Posts
5w30 yes, I would do your own research on oil you may have different opinions, I'm sure most synthetic oil is good these days. Ultra platinum has apparently been proven to last longest, which might be a good thing for you lol. Most of us that run 3k mile oil intervals are probably good with just about any synthetic. Most of us use the UPF48s or upf63s ac delco filters as well.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts