Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have stock damaged rims. I bought my 2013 Black Raven CTS-V in April of this year with 21,000 miles on her. She looked good and this damage went unnoticed till about three months ago when I was detailing the rims. It looks like there is some kind of finish on these rims that is fading or peeling off. There is no rim damage as curb rash or rock chips IMO but the finish is definitely coming off. So i took the car to Ron Carter on I-45 in Houston TX for this and also the rear bumper cover missing clips. They fixed the bumper issue but told me that those were not stock rim finishes and they could not warranty any of the work. I would not have thought any one would alter the rims so cheaply and could not believe that would be anyone's first and only mod but i let it blow over. Got to thinking about it a couple of days ago and asked someone about the wheel color options for that year. Imagine that they make a satin graphite wheel option for our V2S and it looks just like mine. Can anyone help determine if i have the satin graphite rims or were they painted at home?

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

I know the rims are dirty please dont judge been a busy week and all.... Ho Ho Ho. Merry Christmas.

·
2X 9 second club
11,148 Posts
what do the insides of the wheel look like? factory satin rims will be silver on the inside of the wheel

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So i cleaned the bad boys just now let me take more pics

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It looks like i had satin graphite rims at one point. Could the brake dust have been so bad it coated the rims like a paint almost? I can see where the satin was chipped from a little curb of some sort and there is black under neath but what was on top of the satin seems to be on the brakes as well. I would like to black chrome these rims does anyone have any leads to where i can get this work done near houston.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Without better pics, looks like a shit rattle-can job.

·
Premium Member
12,704 Posts
the graphite wheels have some flake in it that is different colors, those kind of just look like regular charcoal wheels

first pic by the hub looks like silver wheels under, is that just all the paint chipped off?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the graphite wheels have some flake in it that is different colors, those kind of just look like regular charcoal wheels

first pic by the hub looks like silver wheels under, is that just all the paint chipped off?
You are correct the satin paint has some flake in it on my rims but under that were the curb rash has chipped the satin it is clearly black. It might be silver behind the spokes but with the two years of brake dust back there it is hard to tell. I agree with the rattle can attempt to repair the chip and resprayed the other wheels to match. Prolly looked good last year but sux now. I need them refinished.

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
It looks like a cheap coating job to me.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anyone have any leads on a company in Houston area that could black chrome finish my wheels?

·
Super Moderator
16,923 Posts
One of the best is detroit wheel and tire.... They will do a core exchange

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
calchrome.com
They car repair, replate, black chrome or swap wheels. Have done several sets over the years. Great prices.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts