Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to do a new motor and I have been looking at Thompson motorsports 416 I was wondering does anyone have any reviews on a complete motor from them im looking at the 416 with the m311 heads.any input would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15,350 Posts
I don't have any personal experience, but I've heard plenty of good things about them online since looking at some of their 427 options years ago. I believe a few members here are running some of their longblocks with success. It's true that often you either hear only good things from Fanbois or only bad things from one or two disgruntled customers posting to every forum on the net; but with Thompson I really don't get the vibe that either are applicable - they appear to have a good, value-focused reputation.

Put it this way, I've heard a lot WORSE about Texas Speed, and if I were in a position to need a new block Thompson would be in the top three.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I used them for a short block ls1 a couple years ago for my 02 camaro ss. They were easy to work with and very helpful. Car performed great and they had plenty of options in terms of the build. Id use them again if I were in the market for another motor.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I've been running one of their 1,400HP rated 427s. Dart LS Next Iron block. I've had the engine for two years now and have put 14,000 miles on it. It's amazing. Buddy of mine has a couple thousand on his 1,400HP rated Dart 427 from Thompson and Felicia (local racer) here in OKC has a Thompson Dart 427. She runs 8s....so, shit's moving out. TMS FTMFW!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts