Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Suspension warning lights have been displayed on the instrument cluster.

Then will the speed of the car be limited to 134km/h?

I own a CTS-V 2010 model in Korea.

(I signed up for this website because I don't have much information in Korea, and I'm writing through a translator. Please understand if the grammar is weird!)

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,217 Posts
Intrigued; then I realized this is an ESL issue, likely combined with a voice-to-text device.

Maybe this is more serviceable:
I replaced the MRC shock absorbers with coil-over set up yesterday. Has anyone experienced the same symptom of the "service suspension" phrase in the DIC and the speed of the car is limited at 134km/h? Will the symptoms go away if I install the canceller (MRC resistors)?
@Kimminkyu, is this similar to your intent?
Pictures of the new units?

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,217 Posts
What is esl? Are you talking about ecu?
Sorry, no. "English as Second Language" is a category used in certain education environments. It only means that the writer may not be a "native English speaker"

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,217 Posts
O.P. replaced his mag ride shocks with coil-overs and has not installed the resistors to fake the mag ride signal.
He is having the associated system warnings and also a speed restriction since disconnecting the mag ride.
His question (I think) is IF he installs the resistors (whatever the devices are) to mimic the Mag Rides, will this repair his car and disable the speed limiter?

I've not done this so someone else will need to step up with the info.
The guy is Korean and using a translator (or translator app) to seek help.
The weird grammar is not his doing.

·
Registered
317 Posts
O.P. replaced his mag ride shocks with coil-overs and has not installed the resistors to fake the mag ride signal.
He is having the associated system warnings and also a speed restriction since disconnecting the mag ride.
His question (I think) is IF he installs the resistors (whatever the devices are) to mimic the Mag Rides, will this repair his car and disable the speed limiter?

I've not done this so someone else will need to step up with the info.
The guy is Korean and using a translator (or translator app) to seek help.
The weird grammar is not his doing.
Your MOS in communications? 😂

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Logic dictates, if the car had no speed limiter before the shocks were replaced, and it does now, and the only codes are for the suspension, then adding in the dummy resistors will fix the problem.

Note for those that don't know: Magride uses electromagnet coils wrapped around each shock to control the viscosity of the shock fluid (which has a nano-suspension of iron particles mixed in, so the stronger the magnet the more slowly the fluid will flow through the valve). The computer can detect if those magnet coils are connected or not. If it sees open circuit, it posts a warning.

·
Premium Member
V Coupe Pedal car
1,217 Posts
I agree. I believe that the simple answer to OP’s question is “YES”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes! That is 100% correct! Once the system reads that the magnaride is working properly,the vehicle will get out of limp mode! It does this because it thinks something is wrong with the suspension and to avoid any damage or problems.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had a similar issue with my other Caddy, an XLR. I had to replace the shocks and I ditched the 1st gen magnetic shocks. Since the XLR is practically a small block Vette, I was able to buy a set of made-for-corvette plug in resistors. No problems or codes at all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts