Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings! New to the CTS, just bought a V last week, 2011 Coupe. This car is amazing. I've had a 2016 Camaro SS since 2016 that has been modded and is quite loud (in the background). I'm totally giddy with excitement at how fast and quiet the CTS-V is. Right now it's completely bone stock, I don't even think it has a K&N filter. The Camaro is probably a little faster but you really know you're getting up to speed because it sounds like a stock car. Stainless works 2" headers with 3" pipes to GM racing mufflers. No cats or flow valves. The CTS-V is quiet, before you know it you're doing 90.

I've got some work to do now searching the parts forums. Talk later!

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2014 CTS-V Sedan A6
1,395 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, I would like to hear those mufflers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have those on my car. Check out my build threat, I posted a video just the other day.

OP, congratulations on the purchase.

At the top of your list add ID1050 injectors. These cars need fueling if you are to increase boost......which I highly recommend.

I'd I was given a stock V and had to build it without going insane, here's what I would do:

ID1050 Injectors
DDP Intake (or Airaid)
2.5" Upper
9.1" Lower W/ATI Balancer
GPTuning 2.5 Cam
.660 Springs W/Titanium Retainers
90mm TB
Under hood Intercooler Fluid Tank with upgraded Front Mount and Pump
Reinforced SC Brick
Flex Fuel Sensor and E85 Fueling
DSX Aux Pump
Stainless Works 2" Headers back to stock mufflers
BR7EF plugs
Wideband (your choice)
HPTuners
Remote Tuned by Pat G. or Justin White

That would be a solid low 10 second V with great drivability and street manners. You will need drag radials all the time to play around, unless you like sliding around on skates, lol.

Reactions: jcs003

·
Premium Member
4,245 Posts
Banned already? Miss a day or two of posts, miss a lot apparently.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Banned already? Miss a day or two of posts, miss a lot apparently.
HaHa, yah you guys are really strict here. I guess there's no reaching out to the classifieds for a while. Should have read the rules first.

Thanks for the replies, everyone is absolutely correct...it won't stay stock long. I tweak everything I own. So the first mod is already complete and isn't a go fast mod. I already had a burnt out DRL so took that as an opportunity for upgrade. I ended up going with Sylvania LED's for Fog and DRL. The Fog's are H11 and DRL's are 5202. They are color matched at 6K and are much brighter, totally dig it.

So there's really only about 2 more months of driving weather around here before the snow flies so most of the mods will be solely cosmetic for now. Thanks to JAustin I have a nice list to mull on over the winter. Looking at the APR carbon splitter up front, maybe the BMC hood (but don't know if I'm diggin hood pins), some sort of rear carbon spoiler...like wicker bill type. And of course wheels/tires.

Reactions: Blown376
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.