Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

281 - 300 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
The other day when my daughter followed me to my friend's shop she said something was flapping under Black Betty.

It was the drive shaft heat shield that was burned to shit.

Reactions: random84

·
Premium Member
15,356 Posts
Thankfully it was just the heat shield.

Hard to say how hot the gas tank or fuel lines would get downstream!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
Thankfully it was just the heat shield.

Hard to say how hot the gas tank or fuel lines would get downstream!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Agreed. I ordered some DEI floor and tunnel heat shield with sound insulation to replace it once we build out the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #284
Making some progress on the exhaust this morning. We have a couple hours of test fitting during the mock up. No final welds yet, just some tack welding for easier adjustments along the way. Thinking about putting in a slip joint near the differential but not 100% sure on that yet.

Reactions: jcs003

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #286

·
Registered
677 Posts
I may be the only one but I despise slip joints on exhaust. They’re a bear to separate and prone to leaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #288
I may be the only one but I despise slip joints on exhaust. They’re a bear to separate and prone to leaking.
Those are the reasons that I am pumping the brakes on it for the moment.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #290
If I do move forward with it, I will put a clamp of some type. There are v bands on all the other joints so I might as well do it right and get a few more on it.:cool:

Reactions: subaru335i

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
Got the replacement heat shield. Going to fit it on this afternoon.

Reactions: wawazat

·
Registered
624 Posts
If you've already discussed this prior, I apologize... I promise I've read this entire thread, it's just been awhile and I can't remember. Are your wastegates recirculated into the downpipes or not?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #293 (Edited)
If you've already discussed this prior, I apologize... I promise I've read this entire thread, it's just been awhile and I can't remember. Are your wastegates recirculated into the downpipes or not?
No, they are venting to the atmosphere. With the limited room under there I don't know if I could even do that. I will probably build some dumps tube if they sound like crap.

·
Registered
624 Posts
No, they are venting to the atmosphere. With the limited room under there I don't know if I could even do that. I will probably build some dumps tube if they sound like crap.
And that was my concern... But I saw in the release that Jon sent about the new Huron kit that the WGs were recirculated, and that was encouraging.

One other question... Have you heard of/considered a T51R compressor mod? There's a company that will modify your compressor housing so that your turbos will sound like the HKS T51R turbo. I am seriously considering it. Lol

·
Registered
909 Posts
They won't sound like crap....that shit will sound amazing!

Reactions: theheder

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #296 (Edited)
Black Betty is in the new garage and rowdy as hell.

With the stock mufflers sleeperish sound it is going hurt some feeling for sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #297
She's a thirsty bitch

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: JAustin and jcs003

·
Registered
909 Posts
She's a thirsty bitch

Ain't that the damn truth! I get 170-180 miles per tank and that's on the interstate more than 50% of the time. Of course, that's E/85.

How goes settling into the new house? What's left to do on the car?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #299
The house move is pretty much done except for getting over the bumps / bruises and old man soreness. I am learning the ropes of being an inground pool owner first hand. Not too bad with the salt and sand filter setups. Could use a heater though - maybe next year.......

Still a few things left to do on BB. Wire up the wideband that I got from another member, replumb the lines to the boost controller and learn how to use it, put in a stiffer spring setup in the BOV, get the N2O plate installed, touch up the tune, install the nordlock washers and get an alignment, start budgeting for new MT Rs, maybe pick up a set of sleeper wheels for around town / longer distance travels.

You know.... The short list of stuff

Reactions: JAustin

·
Registered
909 Posts
The house move is pretty much done except for getting over the bumps / bruises and old man soreness. I am learning the ropes of being an inground pool owner first hand. Not too bad with the salt and sand filter setups. Could use a heater though - maybe next year.......

Still a few things left to do on BB. Wire up the wideband that I got from another member, replumb the lines to the boost controller and learn how to use it, put in a stiffer spring setup in the BOV, get the N2O plate installed, touch up the tune, install the nordlock washers and get an alignment, start budgeting for new MT Rs, maybe pick up a set of sleeper wheels for around town / longer distance travels.

You know.... The short list of stuff

Man, I hear that! I'm in the process of helping Tom install his TMS Dart LS Next 427 and we both are feeling it. Just got the heads back on today while the block was in the car and were both sore.

I didn't realize you were going to run nitrous on this setup. Have you dyno'd the car since twins? Is the nitrous just for spool up?

What are the nordlick washers for?

281 - 300 of 309 Posts