Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

261 - 280 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
It’s easy to get hung on the wrong track trying to troubleshoot stuff like that.

I was just curious because I was convinced my fuse block under the hood got toasted during my build and took a couple of weeks off. Came back and started over only to find the connector behind the DS head wasn’t seated all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
Did some logging and remote tuning with Chris @ Crawford-Racing. After a few test logs and tweaks I backed Black Betty into the garage to check a few other things out.

Pulled the front bumper off to investigate the Service AFL message on the DIC. Reseated the connectors on both the headlights and automagically the message is gone.

I tried re-programming the TPMS. Figured out that I need to pull of the driver's rear wheel and get a new TPMS installed to get rid of that message too. Hell I might as well replace all 4 now since I have them in hand because 2 weeks from now another one will die. I know that the shop that did my inspection last week is open and has tire and wheel balancing machines.

Reactions: random84

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Put the front bumper and Power hood back on. I still need to put the front trim and washer nozzles on it.

Then after a quick pollen rinse I filled up on E85.

I social distanced myself with a 25 mile cruise down I-40 and a couple back roads.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
Took the wheel off and got a new TPMS installed.

Reactions: loweredd

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
While I had it in the air I cleaned the calipers and wheels

Reactions: adam112

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
Had some more time on my hands over the weekend a found a vacuum leak that I need to fix.
I am wondering if that could be contributing to the handful of misfires that I see in the logs. This will have to wait a few more days as I am moving into a new house this week.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have a pile of cooling parts sitting in the garage of the house Ive been renting for the past few years just waiting on our house to be finished so we can move in. I debate every weekend going ahead and pulling the bumper and getting it knocked out for summer, but Id hate to be in the middle of the process when it is time to move in. On the other hand, the parts move themselves if they are bolted to the car, haha.

How are you liking the change in power band from the supercharger to turbos? A huge part of my debate back and forth is that I will miss the instant torque in such a heavy car. The other part is getting comfortable with the idea of cutting the rear tie braces on the subframe. Im pretty certain I could leave the crash bar intact since I would be fabricating my own cold side and would most likely stay with an air to water cooler setup.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #268 (Edited)
The application of power is surely different. I agree that the instant torque of the SC put a smile on my face many times!

With that said the TT setup above 4000RPMs is insane. I haven't been WOT yet since I only have about 500 miles on the built engine / built trans / new convertor and still working on the tune as time permits. If it ain't enough when we get everything well broken in and dialed in I still have the nitrous setup installed. Down the road I can see using a little gas to help build boost to get off the line and cool the engine some at the track.

EDIT - I was able to fit my turbos in without hacking up the braces, however I did make them removable for easy access to the turbos and air filters. I was also able to fit the smaller intercooler behind the crash bar, however I have the larger one on it right now. Actually I have an extra full size and the thinner IC sitting on the shelf waiting to be moved to the new house.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
I went Huron Speed Comp turbos. There are pics of them in the earlier posts in this thread somewhere.

·
Registered
39 Posts
wawazat, they are coming out with a redesign of the system here in a couple months. I think they address the issues people had with crash bar and the chassis braces.

·
Registered
624 Posts
wawazat, they are coming out with a redesign of the system here in a couple months. I think they address the issues people had with crash bar and the chassis braces.
Jon just sent out the new info on that kit a couple weeks ago, the new kit looks great. They've figured out the IC/crash bar issue and are providing the reinforced lower braces that previously needed modification. All in all its looking good. I'm leaning towards the comp oil less/air cooled to reduce complexity.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hell yeah I can hardly contain the excitement lol

·
Registered
677 Posts
Found them on page 2 in case anyone else is interested but doesnt want to dig through. Which size did you end up going with?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #277
You ain't the only one

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
Got Black Betty up in the air to measure for the custom exhaust build. Ordered some 3" stainless steel pipe and mandrel bends along with some weld on V bands and clamps.

Planning to run 3" all the way into the stock mufflers retaining the original hangers.

Here's the quick mock up pic with a cameo of my daughter.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
Stainless piping and clamps are rolling in via Amazon. Hopefully get some time this weekend to get started on piecing the exhaust together. I might fire up the powder coating oven and add some color to parts for my DMAX while I am playing around at my friend's shop.

261 - 280 of 309 Posts