Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

3181 - 3194 of 3194 Posts

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Saw KODK earlier today but didn't pull the trigger. That after hours though.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,182
Saw KODK earlier today but didn't pull the trigger. That after hours though.
It's crazy eh?? Up wildly again today...

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,185
1) The Kodak shit PISSES ME OFF. Something is 100% illegal there based on trade volume alone. I hope some heads roll. Wanna protest something? Here's a great idea.
2) Google disappoints me yet again. First revenue decline in the company's history. I need to cut them loose, period, forever.
3) THANK GOD Amazon killed it. EPS of $10.80 was stunning.
4) Does anyone still own Facebook? They did fairly good considering...
5) Still waiting on Tim Apple to get his shit together.

Breaking! 4 for 1 stock split for Apple. Shares up 4% and climbing. Giddyup!

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,186
Well fuck Google.. what the hell? I didn't trim GOOG nearly as much as I should have and this shut show is the result.

Next pop, I'm out. Not nearly my largest position but its a damn good size. Has been a solid grower over the years but it has all the drama of "big cap tech" but none of the cutting edge growth stories anymore.

I originally thought their "other bets" segment would spin off some interesting plays but that has been super quiet too.

Oh well...now taking applications!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
There's good guidance in the 5G now if you're looking for tech, guidance has been there for a while now but these guys are less impacted by the pandemic and still some open opportunities that will pay out in the next couple-few years. I've also been pleased with SEDG.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,188
So I got stopped out on the Tesla trade. Basis was $1469 and that's where I set my stop. Ill have to figure out the total losses across the various purchase prices later on and post that.

But this is a great example of why you don't get too happy and self confident about your last big win because the next one can be a loss.

For those playing along, remember that losses happen. They are part of the game for sure. The goal is to keep them smaller than your winning trades over time.

So between the two fairly large plays I made, I'll gain like $300-$375k but also lose well over $100k. So it will net out to less. Then consider these are short term gains so taxed at a higher rate.

More later this weekend. This "regular job" thing is such a drag lol!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Good day here. As I've mentioned, the overwhelming bulk of my holdings are in company stock, which is privately held. The stock is evaluated quarterly and went up 8.5% today. Also get a dividend on Monday of about 0.6%.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Reactions: TriTexan

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,190
On Monday, July 27th - one day before "the announcement", Kodak's executive chairman was granted...WITHOUT a formal or written agreement...1.75 MILLION shares of Kodak stock.

This grant wasn't listed as compensation in his employment contract. It wasn't disclosed to anyone. It was merely an unofficial understanding.

Three other executives got emergency grants worth nearly $750k. That was when the stock was $2.

But somehow, it was legal.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Apple is going up again! Dividend helps along with the 4 to one split!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Solaredge looking good afterhours and in futures, in addition to CODX. A couple I've been watching closer than others.

This MSFT deal and Trump pump certainly has benefited me. I guess I saw this as a pump stunt similar to the kodak thing, hopefully it isn't.

There's good guidance in the 5G now if you're looking for tech, guidance has been there for a while now but these guys are less impacted by the pandemic and still some open opportunities that will pay out in the next couple-few years. I've also been pleased with SEDG.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
1) The Kodak shit PISSES ME OFF. Something is 100% illegal there based on trade volume alone. I hope some heads roll. Wanna protest something? Here's a great idea.
2) Google disappoints me yet again. First revenue decline in the company's history. I need to cut them loose, period, forever.
3) THANK GOD Amazon killed it. EPS of $10.80 was stunning.
4) Does anyone still own Facebook? They did fairly good considering...
5) Still waiting on Tim Apple to get his shit together.

Breaking! 4 for 1 stock split for Apple. Shares up 4% and climbing. Giddyup!
I own Facebook. Plan on buying apple at split

Sent from a misfiring cylinder

·
Super Moderator
20,870 Posts
I’ll try to put it as concise as possible.

I think it’s BS that elected officials are privy to inside information and can personally act on it and/or ask/tell others to act on it. Why it doesn’t carry the same sort of intellectual concealment as top secret national security, or at least confidential, is beyond me other than the simple facts that it benefits those same elected officials.

As to the deleting of posts, and this is where I want to be concise:

While your post might not be biased one way or another, it often leads to a downward spiral. How many times does it need to happen?

Ever camp in the mountains of the western US in September or October? No campfires!

Why not? Well, many many times a small innocent campfire starts a major forest fire.

Most are unintentional. Take away the spark and you reduce the chance of a fire.

The other factor: You, nor Vertical Scope, pays any moderator one damn cent. In fact, I doubt you pay anyone here to voice your opinion or gather information.

Well, that’s fine, but if I and the other moderators are going to volunteer OUR time, for FREE, and we read YOUR posts, not out of interest, as I really don’t care your opinion on many of these matters (no disrespect, but if I wanted your opinion, I’ll ask), then the only reason we are spending OUR time (again) is to make sure there is civility in here, rules are followed, opinions are respected, etc.

So rather than complain about how your posts were whacked, and maybe you think they ought to have had the part that was perhaps controversial edited instead, ask yourself how much time it might take, and what the moderators’ time might be worth. Not worth to you, but to the moderator.

It really isn’t so hard to figure out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3181 - 3194 of 3194 Posts