Cadillac CTS-V Forum banner

3141 - 3160 of 3194 Posts

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Interesting read on what will happen if Biden is elected, or if it looks like he will win in November.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,142
BTW - for those wanting to talk about stocks other than Tesla, I also have had positions in Atlassian, Teladoc, Fastly, and Square - if anyone wants to talk about those plays!

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,143 (Edited)

No. No NO No. Do NOT enter a trade without SOME kind of exit strategy. Just dont do it.

Now you can have a plan to be flexible. My $935 Tesla trade turned out to be a much longer run than I expected. But I always ALWAYS had a plan. And a plan that was flexible and adaptable.

I've followed this Contrarian fellow for a while. He would make a ton more money even as a short seller with just a dash of discipline. JMHO!

·
Premium Member
7,109 Posts
Of course DKNG is surging this morning, never fails my exit stradegy costs me $2,400 and if I held I'd be green over $7,000. I'm taking a break, I don't have the bank roll currently with the wife out of work and this shit is stressful as hell haha.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
ISRG earnings today after hours. @TriTexan did you say you sold your position?
I like them as a company but with surgeries being very slow earnings probably won't be too good. maybe a chance to buy after earnings if they dip?

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,146
ISRG earnings today after hours. @TriTexan did you say you sold your position?
I like them as a company but with surgeries being very slow earnings probably won't be too good. maybe a chance to buy after earnings if they dip?
I did sell it - mostly because of the surgical slowdown. Keeping an eye on them, but don't currently have a position.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,147
Just bought the 440 shares I sold at $1670 yesterday for $1570, a $100 basis improvement.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,148
And bam! Just like that we have a 35 point run. That's effectively an additional $135/share price improvement.

Note: For those following me on social media, you'll notice I'm day trading the hell out of Tesla today. I wasn't posting that here as this thread is focused on investing. But wanted to be clear that I'm posting "buy and hold" or at a minimum swing trades here. Something I may only hold for an hour or less I considered a bit of a distraction for the forum....

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
And bam! Just like that we have a 35 point run. That's effectively an additional $135/share price improvement.

Note: For those following me on social media, you'll notice I'm day trading the hell out of Tesla today. I wasn't posting that here as this thread is focused on investing. But wanted to be clear that I'm posting "buy and hold" or at a minimum swing trades here. Something I may only hold for an hour or less I considered a bit of a distraction for the forum....
What is your honest opinion on them posting profit this quarter?
Keeping in mind q2 is traditionally a bad quarter for them. If they don't post a profit they won't be in the running to be added to the S&P. I am having trouble reading through all the bullshit and hype if they are actually going to get added anytime soon.

I would say if they do end up posting a profit they probably stand a good chance of being added and I can see that making this short squeeze turn into an "infinity squeeze" making it pump even further.
At this point I feel like day trading TSLA is the only thing that makes any sense. I wouldnt want to buy at this level and hold for a while but there might be room to cash in on this mania still...

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,150 (Edited)
Added 500 more at $1562 just now but will bleed some off if it rises into the close.

It was a split order (2x200) but here's the fill and the chart...

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
ISRG popped up 6% so far even with 19% drop in surgeries. Haven't read all about it but that seems backwards.
edit: looks like they beat estimate. $1.11 vs 0.74 expected which is pretty good. Guidance doesn't seem strong though.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Anybody holding MSFT? I think the quarterly earnings reports tomorrow are going to give the stocki a nice boost.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Anybody holding MSFT? I think the quarterly earnings reports tomorrow are going to give the stocki a nice boost.
Yes I didn't even think of selling and always watch for buy opportunities. Great stock to me. Another one I am eyeing is NOK since I've seen what ERIC is doing and NOK has earnings report soon.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,154
Yep - I wasnt holding before the pandemic selloff but really wanted in. So I bought about $200k worth at $150 if I recall correctly. Ameritrade shows I'm up 40% and current price is around $210 so that checks out. I dont plan to adjust it before or after earnings. It's a solid play to hold IMO....

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,155
ISRG popped up 6% so far even with 19% drop in surgeries. Haven't read all about it but that seems backwards.
edit: looks like they beat estimate. $1.11 vs 0.74 expected which is pretty good. Guidance doesn't seem strong though.
Man ISRG shot to $700 and then retraced in AH trade. Haven't read their financials or report yet. Will have a look tomorrow or Thurs.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,156
Buckle up cunts - we going for a ride!!

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
On another topic, anybody have any plans for November? I’m thinking of investing in a couple of bond funds to offset losses just in case the election goes sideways.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,159
On another topic, anybody have any plans for November? I’m thinking of investing in a couple of bond funds to offset losses just in case the election goes sideways.
Hmmm...what kind of bonds/funds?

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Hmmm...what kind of bonds/funds?
One of the T Rowe ones - like Dynamic Global Bond Funds RPIEX. It's a nontraditional one, but there are a couple of other ones I am researching, like PRWBX or PRCIX. All are low (3%-5%) returns, but a lot safer from market corrections than stocks. They would be short term, a few months unless something catastrophic happens.
I figure maybe doing a 50% split between equities and bonds in the short term.

edit:
I also have accounts with American Funds, and they have several decent looking bond funds I may have to research as well.

3141 - 3160 of 3194 Posts